Anything Else movie  » Movies  »
1.0
  • His girlfriend sleeps with other men, because she gets no enjoyment of sex with Jason and wants to ensure that the problem does not lie with herself
  • I think that suicide would have been a better alternative to watching this sorry film

• by Manolo

Anything Else stars Woody Allen, Jason Biggs, Christina Ricci, Danny DeVito, And Stockard Channing. There is the standard sarcastic dry humor which earmark Woody Allen movies, except that Jason Biggs delivers most of the lines. The story is told by Biggs, a struggling Comedy Writer in New York.

Woody Allen, as Dobel, is his mentor and pushes Jason to change his sorry life and move to California. As Allen in the past, Jason wants to

write a sad novel, but finds that he is better at comedy.

His girlfriend sleeps with other men, because she gets no enjoyment of sex with Jason and wants to ensure that the problem does not lie with herself. The story is told by Jason in an aside monologue, much as Woody Allen did in his earlier flicks.

There are some good one liners and some dry slapstick, but the movie is pretty slow at times. His ...

• girlfriend says that, “Idiots that are total losers in New York go on to become millionaires in California.

” Woody says, “Never Get on a bus with a naked driver. ” and “I think of committing suicide, but I have so many problems that it would not take care of them all.

” A long dragged out story by Allen is an example of just how slow this movie is. “I was out of town trying to sell my car

so we could go to California.

I got pulled over by 2 state troopers for speeding. I got beat up by them because I did not like their attitude.

Got out my gun and shot the fatter of the two. I had aimed for his rear end but missed and killed him.

So now I must go to Alaska to hideout and cannot go with you to California”. I think that suicide would have been a better alternative to watching this sorry film.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112309477240430/k2311a0923/9.23.08