Asup P527  » Phones  »
1.0
  • I bought the Asus P527 about 2 months ago
  • But since my work needed me to have my documents and my excel sheets on my hand all the time I decided to go for a Windows Mobile phone
  • However, after using it for over 2 months now I regret buying it
  • I knew it before hand ofcourse about the memory details but I never knew it would be that big a problem

• by Arif Ghadiali

I bought the Asus P527 about 2 months ago. I have always been a Nokia fan and couldn’t think about any other brand. But since my work needed me to have my documents and my excel sheets on my hand all the time I decided to go for a Windows Mobile phone. I am not too comfortable tapping on the small touchscreen keyboard so I decided to pick up the Asus P527.

Though it does not have a qwerty keypad but the numerical keypad that it has like any other normal mobile phone seemed fair. However, after using it for over 2 months now I regret buying

it. I knew it before hand ofcourse about the memory details but I never knew it would be that big a problem.

Internal memory of less then 40mb is just not enough. Coz the applications you install eat a lot of space. Even if you choose to install the applications on the memory card, it eats up a lot of space on the phone memory since it saves a lot of files on the main memory, over and above the memory card.

This makes the phone crawl more and more over the time. And as he that was not enough, it comes with just 64mb ram which ...

• is all the more stupid. Did they forget they were making a business phone? Business phones are supposed to be fast, quick- capable of multitasking without any problems.

But this phone crawls slower then a snail once you have a few applications installed. Beat this, WiFi is a real pain. I can never get through to internet.

Web browsing on my phone via wifi? I don’t know whats that on Asus P527. Wifi gets a sure zero if you ask me to rate it. I have used the Nokia E51, E71 even the N series phones have a better, much better wifi then Asus P527, anytime any

given day.

Worst, I tried connecting to the internet via gprs and that was bad too. It took me over half an hour to download a 3mb song while I downloaded the same song using the same gprs service in a little less then 5mins on Nokia N73. Lets talk about music and videos.

Boo hoo hoo. Thats all i can say. All in all, Asus P527 is not a phone for someone who wants to use it beyond just calling and messaging, that too if you are fine rebooting the phone atleast once everyday to free up the ram.

Seriously, not a phone I would suggest anybody to buy.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372209477061030/k2311a0922/9.22.08