Lu Pim’s Jaffa cakes  » Food  »
  • I really like Jaffa cakes and I like them fresh soft and hydrated
  • Well maybe the word hydrated aren't the best one but what I want to say is that sometimes these Jaffa cakes can be very dry and not very tasty
  • So I don't like to experiment with them and I usually take the ones I know that are good
  • I don't think that's much for chocolate cakes because usually plain chocolate has about 500calories for 100g and cookies usually have more than 300 and here you also get the jelly
  • I wouldn't recommend Lu Pim's Jaffa cakes because they taste very synthetic and they aren't good at all

• by lorelai

I really like Jaffa cakes and I like them fresh soft and hydrated. Well maybe the word hydrated aren’t the best one but what I want to say is that sometimes these Jaffa cakes can be very dry and not very tasty. So I don’t like to experiment with them and I usually take the ones I know that are good.

Although today you can really find a whole bunch of different Jaffa cakes from different producers and for different prices but not all of them are good. Today my sister went to the grocery store and she came home with Lu Pim’s Jaffa cakes.

I don’t really like cheap imitations of Jaffa cookies so

I wasn’t very enthusiastic about them but I had to try one. They come in an orange aluminium wrapping with the name of the cakes written in dark brown letters and a half of the jaffa cake near it.

You get 147g of cakes in the wrapping and they have 361caloris for 100g. I don’t think that’s much for chocolate cakes because usually plain chocolate has about 500calories for 100g and cookies usually have more than 300 and here you also get the jelly.

When you open the wrapping you will see that the cakes are in a brown plastic container and that there are 12 of them. They stay in the line one after ...

• another and they really look great and delicious.

They are about 4cm big in diameter and they are round. They look like every other Jaffa cake, they are made of biscuit with a jelly of orange on it and all is covered with chocolate.

They really look very tasty because the biscuit at the bottom in very soft and it isn’t dry at all which in my opinion determines the quality of Jaffa cakes, but boy was I wrong! But the problem is that the orange jelly has a very synthetic taste and it really ruins the taste of the whole cake. The whole cake has a kind a synthetic smell and it leaves a

synthetic artificial taste in your mouth too.

I am rather disappointed with the taste because the wrapping looked great and the cake itself looked great so I was expecting the taste to be great but I must admit that I preferred the taste of some of very cheap and dry jaffa cakes than of these ones and these ones weren’t all that cheap at all because my sister paid about 70 Euro cents for them and those cheap ones usually cost about half of that price. I wouldn’t recommend Lu Pim’s Jaffa cakes because they taste very synthetic and they aren’t good at all.

I am sure you will find much cheaper Jaffa cakes which will taste much better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 272209476540930/k2311a0922/9.22.08