Smart Girl’s Playhouse  » Games  »
  • The problem we've had with this is you really can't find a lot of games out there that are geared toward young children
  • If you are a parent of a young child who wants to play a video game but isn't quite old enough, this is a game I would sincerely recommend checking out

• by Steve

My daughter is four. And, when she sees me or my wife playing a video game on our Nintendo Wii or DS, she wants to be able to play too. The problem we’ve had with this is you really can’t find a lot of games out there that are geared toward young children.

There are computer games but our computer sucks. Any games for our console or hand-held are really designed for kids twice

her age.

She can usually still do them, but they require her to be able to read instructions; something she isn’t capable of doing just yet. That’s why I’m glad I came across the game Smart Girl’s Playhouse for the DS.

Finally, there is a game that is designed for a child her age. Smart Girl’s Playhouse is simple for her to use.

There aren’t any complicated instructions for her to follow. Instead, she ...

• is shown a room with a variety of activities to choose from.

There are counting games. There are coloring books and a drawing section and you have memory games and other puzzles as well.

She plays it about 2 times a week and will spend at least an hour each time checking out the various sections (she loves feeding the hamsters in one section of the game). And, unlike other games she’s attempted to

play, I’m not having to help her out every 2-3 minutes; something that was frustrating for both of us.

Heck, even I’ve given the game a try when I’ve been bored. And, I will admit the one game, where you have to spot the differences between two pictures, is surprisingly hard.

If you are a parent of a young child who wants to play a video game but isn’t quite old enough, this is a game I would sincerely recommend checking out.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281909476480130/k2311a0919/9.19.08