Hunts Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
2.5
  • I love the fact I can buy a big can of it for about a buck (where other brands cost as much as $3) and it gives me the versatility to doctor it up a bit to make my sauce seem almost homemade
  • Lately though, I have to say I haven't been overly impressed with the taste of their traditional sauce variety
  • However, the past couple times I've used the traditional sauce, I've noticed a strong garlic taste in it

• by Steve

I am a huge fan of Hunts spaghetti sauce. I love the fact I can buy a big can of it for about a buck (where other brands cost as much as $3) and it gives me the versatility to doctor it up a bit to make my sauce seem almost homemade.

And, unlike

other brands, it is one of the few canned varieties of sauce I can eat without getting a major upset stomach an hour later.

I can’t say that about Prego or Ragu.

Not to mention, cans are so much easier to store than glass jars; both because you can stack stuff on top of them and because, if it falls out of our pantry, I don’t have to worry about it shattering all over the floor.

Lately though, I have to say I haven’t been overly impressed with the taste of their “traditionalsauce variety.

In the past, that was my favorite variety to buy because it had ...

• Hunts Traditional Spaghetti Sauce
      just the right amount of seasonings in it.

I didn’t have to add spices of my own.

However, the past couple times I’ve used the traditional sauce, I’ve noticed a strong garlic taste in it.

In fact, it’s actually an overpowering taste.

If you didn’t know any better, you would think I dumped a

whole container of garlic powder in there.

I even found myself checking the can to make sure I had bought the right one and not the garlic and herb variety.

Like I said before, I love Hunts spaghetti sauce but, if this is the way the sauce is going to taste from now on, I might have to switch brands.

paras savaliya says :

re : However, the past couple times I’ve used the traditional sauce, I’ve noticed a strong garlic taste in it
it is nice….

Tracy Owen says :

I add wine garlic and basil and use it for a dipping marinara sauce. Also, if you add a dash of sugar and olive oil, you can use it for pizza sauce. It is in fact, very versatile.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271909476151230/k2311a0919/9.19.08