Bones: The Finger in the Nest
  • Outside of child molestation, dog fighting, in my opinion is one of the lowest thrills people can partake in

• by Steve

It isn’t often that a fictional television show actually moves me to the point I’m almost in tears. But, last night’s episode of Bones, “The Finger in the Nest,” was one that made me feel like I had a knife stabbed into my heart.

I’m not even sure where to begin with this one.

They find a decomposing body in the woods that turns out to be

a veterinarian.

And, after further investigation, they come across a dog fighting ring.

I’m guessing this episode was inspired by the whole Michael Vick thing last year.

Outside of child molestation, dog fighting, in my opinion is one of the lowest thrills people can partake in.

As Bones said in the episode, it’s a common sport in developing countries that know nothing but violence.

In other words,

• it should not belong in civilized culture and I don’t even want to imagine the workings of someone who enjoys watching two canines kill each other.

What really got to me in this episode though was the fact the vet was killed by a dog.

That, in itself, wasn’t surprising.

But, when you actually see the dog that did it and realize that, without some owner commanding

him to kill, he’s very gentle, it really makes you feel sick inside.

This is especially true when they reveal the dog was originally adopted by a family that ended up wanting to put him to sleep simply because he was a bigger dog than they expected him to be.

Let’s just say, by the end of this episode, my wife and I had gone though half a box of tissues.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101909476141230/k2311a0919/9.19.08