Sebastian Inlet State Park  » Travel  »
9700 South A1A, Melbourne Beach, FL
  • This is a great place to take a family for the day and it's fairly inexpensive at less than $5 a carload I think
  • Sometimes during the year, I believe there are even fishing tournaments held there, although I don't personally know anyone who has entered them

• by Why Georgia

On the East coast of Florida, just a short drive from Melbourne Beach on A1A is Sebastian Inlet. This is a great place to take a family for the day and it’s fairly inexpensive at less than $5 a carload I think. There’s excellent Saltwater fishing there. I’ve been there numerous times when Bluefish were running and my father and brother were ecstatic! They fish mostly off the jetties. Sometimes during the year, I believe there are even fishing tournaments held there, although I don’t personally know

anyone who has entered them.

Many times, I’ve gone there with the family with a picnic lunch along and used their great picnic areas and then spent a leisurely afternoon, sunbathing and watching the kids play on the beach. Other times, we’ve gone down there with coffee and just sat and watched people kayaking on the Indian River lagoon side.

In the fall, I often go there to hike the Hammock trail which is exactly a mile long. It’s perfect for most anything. People go there biking, boating and just ...

• enjoying the beach. There is a boat ramp there as well for launching your boat.

My brother has gone there clamming and shrimping. I want to try that sometime as well. It seems like it would be a good place for that.

Some sections of Sebastian Inlet offer surfers some pretty impressive waves and it’s fun to watch them whether they ride the wave or wipe out.

And lastly, they have a full campground at Sebastian Inlet with dump stations, electric and water, picnic tables and grills at each site.

It’s a very popular site for camping because it’s so close to the beach and all the activities. There’s also a concession stand at the inlet that serves food for part of the day.

It’s a great and inexpensive way to spend a day whatever you go there for. There aren’t that many places left quite like it that you can go enjoy the natural beauty with so many different things to see and do and all for less than $5. It’s even cheaper if you buy an annual pass too!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809475311230/k2311a0918/9.18.08