Cruzan Amphitheatre, West Palm Beach, FL  » Travel  »
601-7 Sansbury’s Way, West Palm Beach, FL
  • Before long, I heard our concert performer being announced and yet, my husband and his newfound friends, wanted to continue to sit here, drinking beer and sharing life's bummers and triumphs

• by Why Georgia

I’ve been to the Cruzan Amphitheater several times now for various concerts. The first two times I went, they called it the “Sound Advice” Amphitheater, but it is now the Cruzan Amphitheater and I have there under that name twice as well.

It doesn’t matter what you are attending this venue for, it is important to know what is expected of you if you are to truly be a patron of this venue or at least “one of the cool kids!”

When you arrive at Cruzan, even if it is 3 hours pre-concert, there are people tail-gating in the parking lot as though they were about to attend a football game or a Nascar event. I mean seriously, they have lawn chairs set up, grills, coolers full of beverages, boom boxes etc. These people

have “party” as their middle name and shame on me that I showed up just one hour before the show not knowing what was expected!

Okay, so we go in to the gate past the tail-gating crowd and we find a big area designated as a food court, concession stand area if you will with beer stands, pizza stands, concert merchandise, sandwiches and just about any other fast food, concession stand food that you could imagine. Well we hung out here for awhile seeing as the concert we were attending was not scheduled to start just yet. Another couple approached our table and asked if we minded if they sat. We said fine since the area was packed and we had an available bench.

This couple proceeded to befriend my hubby. I am not quite ...

• so easily led and friendly. No, I’m not a snob, simply shy and slow to make friends. Before long, I heard our concert performer being announced and yet, my husband and his newfound friends, wanted to continue to sit here, drinking beer and sharing life’s bummers and triumphs. This is where I drew the proverbial line. I came here for a reason! I came here to see John Mayer and Damn it, I was going to see John Mayer!

I stood up, saluted the drunken punkins at my table and marched down to my seats, center row 3 and watched the show to end shows! John totally kicked it! It was probably another hour before my husband finally left his newfound friends and made his way down to our seats.

There is no really

awful seat at Cruzan. If you feel the need to see the performers face up close, yeah, you need to get the first section, but if you are just there for the sound, you can get lawn seats. Trust me. The sound here is phenomenal!

When the concert ended, we were on our way out and we found the same couple staggering around in the food court asking how much longer Mayer was going to perform because….ahem…they “had not found their seats yet”.

I didn’t say a word. My hubby didn’t say a word. He slapped the guys back and said “Catch ya later dude.” and we made our way to the parking lot.

Sometimes, I wonder why people waste their money to go these concerts when all they are obviously there for is the liquid refreshment!

jeffrey says :

I heard you can lawn seat package deal on 3 country concerts for june july august or somethine familiar. Thankyou Jeff

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809475151230/k2311a0918/9.18.08