Osceola Flea and Farmer’s Market  » Travel  »
  • You can easily spend 3 hours here without a problem
  • I'd advise you to get here early in the day on the day you're going to get the best produce
  • My husband and I bought a table and chair set at this flea market from a furniture dealer there

• by Why Georgia

Whenever we venture over to Kissimmee or Orlando of a weekend, we try to make a point of visiting the Osceola Flea and Farmer’s Market on Rt. 192 near St. Cloud and Kissimmee. It’s not what you’d typically think of when going to a country flea market. It’s huge! You can easily spend 3 hours here without a problem. My biggest problem here is wondering if I actually saw it all or did I miss one of the aisles! I’m not sure why I always feel that way. I’ve tried just attacking each building logically, and I’ve tried just always staying to the right all the way around, but it always feels like I didn’t see it all!

Most of the Flea and Farmer’s Market is in fact, new merchandise at discounted prices, but there are sections of it that have

genuine used items as well. There is also the Farmer’s end of the market which has local Florida produce at great prices! I’d advise you to get here early in the day on the day you’re going to get the best produce. While they may reduce prices later in the day as it gets closer to closing, often times at that point in the day, the heat has taken it’s toll on the produce’s quality.

My husband and I bought a table and chair set at this flea market from a furniture dealer there. We had seen this same table and chair set for $800 elsewhere. We paid just $379 at Osceola Flea Market. It was an oak table with a ceramic tile insert with a blue floral pattern that we had actually first seen and fallen in love with ...

• at a hotel along the beach in Daytona! It came with 4 bow back chairs and I was so excited to actually find it at the flea market and find it at such a deal.

Another great thing to look for is the kitchen equipment and gadgets and spices and the Avon discounted! Beware though, some of the Avon too, has taken a beating from the heat so check your make up for discoloration and/or separation of liquids. You can still find some great deals though on perfectly fine Avon products.

And if you get tired, thirsty or hungry or simply want to take a break, stop off at the restaurant or one of the many snack stands at the flea market. They serve beer here too folks! Nothing tastes better while strolling the flea market for bargains than having a

tall cold draft in your hand.

We’ve also seen live music and some famous celebrity guests while browsing the flea market. They usually have a show there near the concession area a couple times a day on weekends. You can get a wide assortment of foods here as well. Burgers, dogs, fries, subs and even more elaborate cuisine if you desire. I’ve never had more than the fries though so I can’t really vouch for the food!

As far as merchandise, they have clothing, T-shirts galore, “As seen on TV items”, books, CD’s, DVD’s furniture, jewelry, tools, pet supplies, pets too, as well as the already mentioned kitchen gadgets, spices, Avon products and produce.

It’s easy to find, easy to park and can be a lot of enjoyment on a weekend afternoon in Osceola!

They are open Friday, Saturday and Sunday every weekend from 8-5. Parking is free.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809475121230/k2311a0918/9.18.08