Vacations in North Conway, NH  » Travel  »
  • My oldest son would tell you the best part of North Conway was going to the Baseball Card shop
  • Mostly though, we just enjoyed spending time together as a family in nature, swimming, hiking, taking pictures and exploring all the area had to offer

• by Why Georgia

We used to live in New Hampshire and when we did, we used to take weekend trips over to the other side of the state to North Conway.

It was a nice place to take our family of three kids and find enough things to do there to entertain them and entertain us! It was also fairly reasonable to stay, play and eat there for a weekend.

We often stayed at a place called The White Trellis Motel. It was right in the middle of everything and yet it was very reasonable for our family compared to a lot of area motels and hotels. It was an older motel but it was clean and the owners are friendly. The rooms remind you of a typical New England Colonial decor. My overall feeling about this motel was

that it was warm, cozy and inviting. It was relaxing to come back to this motel after a day of sightseeing, kids play and shopping. Oh and each room has a refrigerator for your convenience as well.

We always had our traditions of things we liked to see and do while in North Conway. Much of it simply involved enjoying the scenic mountain views of the Presidential mountain range, enjoying the outdoors, and being together as a family. We often went to Echo Lake State Park so the kids could go for a swim in the summer. Sometimes we’d go hiking. In the fall, it was the beauty of the autumn leaves and their crimson blanket covering our beloved mountain range.

My oldest son would tell you the best part of North Conway was going to the ...

• Baseball Card shop. He could stay in there for hours because at the time, Baseball cards were his passion.

My younger two would say the playground that we used to stop at for some play time while their Dad and I had a coffee together was the best part.

Sometimes when we went, we’d make a point of going to Conway Scenic Railroad. We’d take the “Notch” train which wound it’s way through Crawford Notch and had some of the most breathtaking scenery and photo ops. It was a great way to spend an afternoon with the trip taking around 5 hours. They had a snack bar on board where you could get sandwiches, drinks and snacks. As you explored the notch, there was a narration of the area and it’s history and some of

it’s notable highlights. I can’t even explain what a great thing this is to do with your family. Even though we lived in New Hampshire, we still could always appreciate the natural beauty of the mountains and all the streams and lakes that the region is blessed with. My kids loved it there.

Other times, we would take in one of the other kid’s tourist attractions like Storyland, which was nearby or Santa’s Village which was a short drive from North Conway.

Mostly though, we just enjoyed spending time together as a family in nature, swimming, hiking, taking pictures and exploring all the area had to offer. Some of the best memories of my kid’s childhood was the times we spent in North Conway, NH. Just writing about it now make me want to go back!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809475111230/k2311a0918/9.18.08