Cape Cod, Massachusetts
  • I can think of any number of reasons to recommend that you visit Cape Cod
  • Coffee, tea and juice and the best muffins you've ever tasted
  • I love to go down there to take pictures and walk along the docks
  • If I thought I could get it for breakfast, I probably would

• by Why Georgia

In Eastern Massachusetts is the perfect blend of New England charm and scenic beach relaxation. It’s a little known place called Cape Cod. Okay, so not so little known, but nonetheless, charming as all get out!

From the time I was a kid, I’ve been visiting Cape Cod for weekend visits. I used to go from time to time with my parents and now as an Adult, whenever I get home to New England, I always try to make a mini-vacation to Cape Cod part of the trip.

I can think of any number of reasons to recommend that you visit Cape Cod. If you love the beach, obviously, go. There are miles and miles of coastline here to explore. The cape is pretty much divided into 4 basic sections. There is the Upper Cape, Mid Cape, the Lower Cape, and Outer Cape.

We usually opt to stay on the lower cape in Harwich. The last few times we’ve been, we’ve stuck with a motel that we found and liked, A Beach Breeze Inn on RT.128 is a nice moderate

motel with absolutely beautiful property. Hydrangeas are everywhere and seem to be in full bloom whenever I’ve gone there. They have a pool and an area where you can cook on grills and have a picnic supper if you choose. The motel rooms are bright and clean and very comfortable. They have refrigerators and microwaves in every room and the King rooms even have an electric fireplace! I would be completely remiss if I didn’t mention their morning offerings in the office. We’re talking real homemade baked goods here folks! Coffee, tea and juice and the best muffins you’ve ever tasted!

When we visit Cape Cod, we of course spend at least an afternoon on the beach, walking or just sun bathing and swimming. But there is so much more to see and do. We love to go antiquing and Cape Cod is a great place to do that! They also have so many cute little shops and boutiques to explore. You not only have the beach, but you also have the beautiful harbor area. I love to go down ...

• there to take pictures and walk along the docks.

It should go without saying that fresh seafood is abundant here and mandatory for my meals! If I thought I could get it for breakfast, I probably would! Ever had a flounder scallop pancake? There are not only many great restaurants to choose from, there are also these wonderful seafood shacks that do not cost a lot, yet have some of the best seafood on the Cape!

We’ve also rented bikes as there are bike paths everywhere and it’s a great way to see the Cape. There are also plenty of hiking and nature trails where photo opportunities abound. Harwich has a Lavender farm that I just love to visit.

In the summer, you can often find free concerts and music in neighboring Chatham at their town Gazebo. Chatham is another favorite place to walk along the shops and businesses in the village. Chatham is also home to the Chatham lighthouse. You can’t go inside or even tour the grounds, but it’s still worth the trip to see it from the

outside and take pictures if you are a lighthouse nut like I am!

Another place we have stayed when visiting the cape is on the island of Nantucket. Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard are the islands off of Cape Cod that can be reached by ferry. Nantucket has a charm all it’s own and is steeped in history, but I’ve come to appreciate the small town feel of Harwich on the mainland, as well as the less expensive lodging, so we’ve been staying there. You can always plan to take a day trip over to Nantucket or Martha’s Vineyard.

You can find plenty to do on the Cape depending on your interests. You can go fishing, charter boat fishing, go on a whale watch boat, play miniature golf, ride go-karts, fly a kite, visit an art museum, go shopping, antiquing, clamming, play golf, visit the Cape Cod Winery or do nothing at all. It’s that simple. Life is simple when you’re on the Cape. No worries, no stress, no cell phones, no deadlines, just you, your family, beautiful New England scenery, beaches and relaxation.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809475091230/k2311a0918/9.18.08