Siesta Key, FL  » Travel  »
  • I think probably the favorite is Siesta Key Beach
  • However, some people do feel the need to see and do more than Siesta Key offers and for them, I suggest they look into sites and attractions that await them in neighboring Sarasota

• by Why Georgia

There is this little slice of heaven on Earth that means the world to my husband and I. This heavenly sliver is known as Siesta Key, FL. It’s on the West Coast, off the coast of Sarasota and it’s nothing short of paradise!

We’ve escaped to Siesta Key several times now. We live in Florida on the East Coast and we love to get away here whether it’s for a weekend or an entire week. We never grow tired of it.

It does not have theme parks and roller coasters. There is no petting zoo or pool full of whales and sharks, but there is peace, quiet, tranquility and a whole lot of island charm.

We always stay at a place called “Tropical Breeze” on Avenida Messina. It is near everything, yet in a quiet tranquil setting. They have an assortment of rooms and suites to fit any needs as well as a Beach house. The rooms are charming, comfortable, clean and have a tropical feel to them. They are all within close walking distance to the beautiful beach and the village which has a wonderful charm all it’s own. You can opt to get

a standard room which still has a refrigerator, microwave and coffeepot or you can opt for a 2-3 bedroom suite or go for it all and rent the beach house which is directly on the beach.

I have to say the people at “Tropical Breeze” have always been super cordial and helpful when we’ve stayed there. They are Pet Friendly which is always a plus in my book. They have three pools that guests can use and Barbecue Grills. There is a fitness center available for your use. Another nice touch is that you can rent chairs, lounge chairs, kayaks and jet skis and have them billed to your room.

In addition to the beautiful beach here which is a source of entertainment in and of itself, there is a charming little beach village that is so inviting! It has a variety of gift shops, T-shirt shops, souvenir shops, as well as local Siesta Key regular businesses for the locals, everything from Groceries to Seafood market to Dry Cleaning to banking to real estate and more. And you can’t talk about Siesta Key Village without talking about it’s restaurants, bars, coffee shops and ice cream ...

• shops.

We like to spend an afternoon walking along the village checking out the little shops and then toward late afternoon, we usually head to one of the restaurants to get a bite to eat. Then later at night, we find a spot in one of the local watering holes to have a few drinks and hear some music and mingle with other island vacationers or some of the Siesta Key locals. There are also several great places in the village to get breakfast, although I normally end up cooking my own breakfast in the room, but we have had breakfast on the morning we’re leaving and last time we got take out from “The Broken Egg” which is right across the street from “Tropical Breeze”

A few places of notability in this area are “Captain Curt’s”, our FAVORITE restaurant in all of Siesta Key! Great atmosphere, fresh seafood, award winning Chowder and the place in which we spent my husband’s 40th birthday!

Another great place to check out is “The Hub Baja Grill” is a great place to go for Happy Hour and to hear some music and hang out.

Siesta Key’s beaches are top notch. Siesta

Key beach, Turtle Beach and Crescent Beach are the three beaches on Siesta Key. I think probably the favorite is Siesta Key Beach. It’s one of those picturesque white powder sand beaches. The sand here is really indescribably soft. I kid you not. It not only looks beautiful, it feels heavenly! The other two beaches have their own charms as well, Turtle beach being ideal for shelling, however it does not have the velvety white sand that Siesta Key beach has. Crescent beach’s sand is more like Siesta Key’s but not quite as nice.

Personally, I never leave Siesta Key while I’m there. If you’re not there for peace and quiet and relaxation, then why did you choose Siesta Key for a vacation? However, some people do feel the need to see and do more than Siesta Key offers and for them, I suggest they look into sites and attractions that await them in neighboring Sarasota.

However if “getting away from it all” is what you seek, there is no better place on Earth and it’s right here in our very own country and in my very own state! How fortunate is that?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809475061230/k2311a0918/9.18.08