Brunswick, GA  » Travel  »
1.0
  • You know if I can find some redeeming values of any place I visit or live, I try very hard to do so and reflect it in my reviews, but I have to say that my family and I found Brunswick to be without any good points or value
  • About the only positive thing I can say about this area is that they do have a couple of good restaurants that I can recommend

• by Why Georgia

Three years ago, my husband got transferred to Brunswick, GA for his job for a temporary position. We had been living in Central Florida for the past 12 years so I was not overjoyed, nor was my adult daughter who lived with us at the time.

After we got there, we were even less happy! You know if I can find some redeeming values of any place I visit or live, I try very hard to do so and reflect it in my reviews, but I have to say that my family and I found Brunswick to be without any good points or value.

The only thing they really have going for them is the fact

that they are close to tourist spots such as St. Simon’s Island and Jekyll Island. Brunswick itself is dirty, not attractive and the people are not at all friendly. I lived there for over two years and the people all cling to themselves and are not receptive to newcomers at all.

Until this past year, they only had Walmart for a major department store. They finally put in a new shopping center that has Target, Ross, Petsmart, Michael’s and Old Navy. Until this new shopping plaza went in, I truly thought both my daughter and I were going to go nuts since we both love to go shopping and bargain hunting.

There are ...

• several areas of Brunswick that you out and out do not feel safe. While we were there, we were always hearing about stabbings and robberies, rapes and even murder a few times not far from the condo where we lived! Then the final clincher was when the little boy went missing from the trailer park and was later found raped and murdered and it turned out to be a neighbor and the neighbor’s parents that did it! That’s just twisted!

This is not to say that there isn’t crime like this in Florida as there certainly is, however, the crime in Brunswick was happening in our town, in our neighborhood! The

majority of crime that goes on in Florida is not in my neighborhood or even my town.

They advertise about Brunswick like it’s a vacation destination. They say they are this big historic destination with all these charming buildings in the historical district. The historical district is also right next to crack town!

About the only positive thing I can say about this area is that they do have a couple of good restaurants that I can recommend. One is Jinright’s Seafood on Glynn Ave and Spanky’s Mallside.

I really wish I could find something positive to say about the area other than two restaurants, but if there is something positive, they hide it well!

Barbara Parkins says :

I don’t like Brunswick, GA. I hate it. Too much heavy traffic and people are speeding and driving recklessly on the road. Some people are rude, disrespectful, and they act too ghetto. The police don’t follow up on crime reports. You have to look or talk a certain, if not, they will laugh and poke fun of you. It doesn’t matter they know you or not. Brunswick is known for their clicks aka “circle of friends” and they very judgmental too. This town is losing their Southern hospitality and I don’t like it.
    When I moved to Brunswick, Ga in 2006, it was nice. People seem nice and it atmosphere was very calm and peaceful. Everyone is very courteous on the road and less traffic. I love it and I brag about how cool Brunswick is. Somewhere in 2010 or 2011 I noticed it started going down. Now it’s disgusting and I hate it. Someday, I hope I move somewhere better than this crap.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809474711130/k2311a0918/9.18.08