Cypress Gardens Adventure Park  » Travel  »
6000 Cypress Gardens Blvd, Winter Haven, FL
  • I love the tree in the walk through the cypress garden that has what seems to be thousands of limbs and branches that stretch up into the air and then come all the way down to the ground where they root themselves
  • They also have an ice skating show that is held in an indoor ice rink and I know I'm prejudice about it because it's ice skating which I adore, but seriously, I could watch them skate all day
  • I don't like coasters at all, but especially the wooden ones
  • This is really I thought a cool thing (literally
  • They unfortunately don't sell them anymore sadly

• by Why Georgia

I have been going to Cypress Gardens in Winter Haven FL ever since I was a kid. Back then it was just Cypress Gardens. Today it’s called Cypress Gardens Adventure Park. It went through a rough period where it was sold and then bought several times. And at one point, it almost closed for good, but it got a reprieve when it was bought once again. It then endured the three hurricanes of 2004, but as of now is open once again and has many more rides than it once did.

Don’t misunderstand my review. I’ve seen the Old Cypress Gardens as well as the new Cypress Gardens Adventure Park. I prefer the old one. But I certainly understand why they felt it necessary to do what they did to bring in more business. I used to enjoy the simplicity of it before. There are enough big noisy theme parks with all the glitter and flashing lights and noise. I loved the quiet and tranquility that was Cypress Gardens long ago.

One thing that is good is that they have not put their prices up side of Disney’s and Universal’s. They’ve maintained the lower ticket price that they were always known for. They’ve also added concerts all summer where they have music from many

popular artists. I got to see Hootie and the Blowfish there one year. At night during the summer, they have illuminations and fireworks sometimes. There are lots of events planned at Cypress especially during the summer.

Cypress Gardens, first and foremost is a beautiful, colorful and fragrant place with wide sweeping lawns, Southern Belles, strolling the pathways, enchanting gardens with something always blooming. I love the tree in the walk through the cypress garden that has what seems to be thousands of limbs and branches that stretch up into the air and then come all the way down to the ground where they root themselves. I wish I could think of the name of that tree. I’ve never seen anything quite like it. It’s also HUGE!

And of course, Cypress Gardens boasts a wonderful and talented Water Skiing show that has only improved since I was little. I love watching this show and have been known to catch it twice while at the park for the day. So cool coming from someone who at one time knew how to Water ski, although I haven’t in years, I can really appreciate the difficulty it must surely take to learn how to do all the incredible stunts those skiers do individually and as part of a team.

• Nothing short of awe inspiring. They also have an ice skating show that is held in an indoor ice rink and I know I’m prejudice about it because it’s ice skating which I adore, but seriously, I could watch them skate all day.

They also have rides and oh do they now have rides! They always used to have a few kiddie rides and the Island in the Sky ride by Kodak, which is now called the “Sunshine Sky Adventure”, but now they have coasters and in particular two wooden coasters. Ick! You can have them. I don’t like coasters at all, but especially the wooden ones! But there has to be like 30-40 rides there now that it never used to have when I was younger and it was simply Cypress Gardens and not the Adventure Park.

They also have a water park called Splash Island which is now part of the admittance fee to Cypress. This is really I thought a cool thing (literally!) when you’ve spent the morning and part of the afternoon walking around in the heat at Cypress Gardens, it’s so nice to end your day with a good soaking at the Water Park.

Besides the beautiful gardens which are divided into several sections, they also have what they call the “Wings

of Wonder” Exhibit that is home to many different varieties of butterflies.

There is also a section with animals called Nature’s Way and they have several different shows going on there worth seeing. There is a cowboy comedy show and there is a behind the scenes tour in the animal exhibits but you have to pay extra for it.

And of course, near the entrance there is shopping. Cute Gift shops with everything from souvenirs to trains to Christmas ornaments and a candy shop.

Food at Cypress is about what you expect at a theme park. I used to love it when they sold the frozen Strawberry daiquiris in souvenir glasses. I would buy one of those and stroll through the gardens sipping it and it would keep you cooled off in the hot sun. They unfortunately don’t sell them anymore sadly. I wish they’d bring them back because I no longer have any of my commemorative glasses from back then.

I’m glad that Cypress Gardens is still open no matter what they’ve done with it. It is much to pretty a place to have been abandoned which is what it appeared to be it’s fate for awhile. Get a chance to check it out even if you’ve been there before, go see it now. Patronize this special place.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809474551130/k2311a0918/9.18.08