Chastain Park, Buckhead, Atlanta, GA  » Travel  »
Stella Drive NW, Buckhead, Atlanta, GA
  • Crazy, I know, but even when I get directions from Google or Yahoo, they end up not holding true to where I'm driving and I ultimately end up late for the show or lost in Atlanta after the show unable to find my way back to our hotel
  • The Chastain experience itself though is not to be missed
  • For the Tables, I think you have to have at least 6 people in your party, I'm not positive though
  • The other interesting and fun thing about Chastain, is that you can bring food in and have a picnic at your seat or you can do the whole nine yards and order catering ahead of time from Chastain
  • I love the outdoor concert experience anyway

• by Why Georgia

In Atlanta, GA, there is an Amphitheater where I have spent many nights listening to a favorite artist, enjoying the night area and the Amphitheater’s amenities with my husband and with friends who have traveled from all over the country to see a show with me.

Chastain Amphitheater is in the Buckhead area of Atlanta. Every single time I have gone there or left there, I get lost in Atlanta! Crazy, I know, but even when I get directions from Google or Yahoo, they end up not holding true to where I’m driving and I ultimately end up late for the show or lost in Atlanta after the show unable to find my way back to our hotel.

The Chastain experience itself though is not to be missed. I remember the first time I ever went there was to see John Mayer play there for a two night appearance. When the day came to get our tickets online through the fan club, different people I know that also like John Mayer, who had been

to Chastain before ,proceeded to tell me that I needed to figure out what kind of seating I wanted. It seems they have the typical stadium seating for part of it, that gradually goes up and out of the pit, but they also have box seats closest to the stage and they also have tables down in front of the stage that people ask for. If you’re trying to save money, you can also order lawn seats which are for the lawn above the stadium style seating where you spread a blanket out on the lawn and sit. For the Tables, I think you have to have at least 6 people in your party, I’m not positive though.

The other interesting and fun thing about Chastain, is that you can bring food in and have a “picnic” at your seat or you can do the whole nine yards and order catering ahead of time from Chastain. They have two catering services that you can actually order a gourmet meal from and they will ...

• come and set it up at your table. People go all out for this type of thing and bring candles, flowers, wine glasses, the works! Unfortunately, I found that most of the people at the tables that do this, must be season ticket holders who appear to be there more for the party and the friends than to listen to the artist! That is aggravating when they sit there talking throughout the show!

Even if you aren’t bringing in food or having it catered, they have a nice selection of food stands and beer and wine stands. When we first went, we just had beers and ended up going out for a late breakfast after the concert. Another time that I went, I had a table seat with some friends and we did it up right with candles and I brought shrimp rings and cheese fruit and veggies trays and we had a ball!

Acoustics here are amazing! I’ve had seats down in front in the boxes, seats at the tables and even

seats at what they call the terrace, which are stadium seats. The sound is crystal clear and perfect.

I love the outdoor concert experience anyway. Something about being under the stars on a summer night hearing one of your favorite artists or bands is just awe inspiring!

Other than getting lost getting to and from here, my only complaint is that it’s a real bear to find a parking place unless you get there mega early. It’s not in a downtown area. There are all side streets and little parking lots that go to tennis and basket ball courts. They fill up fast and you may end up walking for miles to get to the stadium. The first time I went, I got lost, was late as it was and then had to walk about two miles to get to the venue after parking my car. I really wish they would do something major in the way of parking. Other than that, do go see some shows at Chastain. Beautiful Amphitheater and beautiful sounds!

Jim says :

Can someone please explain the crazy concert schedule at Chastain Amphitheatre in Atlanta? Apparently there`s a Series A and Series B, each with their own specific concerts. I found an ad in the local paper with the Series A concerts but no mention of the Series B. Then I found another ad for Delta Classic Chastain concerts. Is this the series B or is this something altogether different?…there`s no mention of a series B in the ad so I`m guessing this is yet another series of concerts at the venue. Please correct me if I`m wrong. Finally, why can`t I just go to one website and see every concert that`s scheduled at Chastain Amphitheatre regardless of series, deltas or however else they`re sliced up? I`ve lived in Atlanta for 2 years, have gone to several concerts at Chastain and still have no clue as to how this works and why it has to be so difficult. It sure is a great place to see a concert though. Any help with the scheduling maze would be most appreciated.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809474491130/k2311a0918/9.18.08