Pride Motel and Cottages, Scarborough, ME  » Travel  »
677 US RT 1, Scarborough, ME
  • So all in all, this motel and it's cottages are very centrally located and with rates of $70-$115 per night for our particular cottage, I think it's a really great place to spend your Maine vacation

• by Why Georgia

When I was on vacation in Maine a few years ago, we had the opportunity to stay in Scarborough for a few days. We had a recommendation from a friend to stay in one of the cottages at Pride Motel and Cottages. Pride Motel and Cottages is on US 1 in Scarborough. We stayed in Cottage 6 which has a little porch out front where we sat outside enjoying almost every evening.

We wanted to find a cabin or cottage as opposed to just a motel room and we didn’t really want the expense of renting a vacation house. Most of what we were finding online and in brochures was right on the water and therefore, way out of our budget, so when a friend mentioned

this place and recommended it, I looked them up and booked right away.

These cottages are so cozy and homey! They’re just exactly what you would expect to find for a cottage in a little town in Maine. They have an old fashioned charm with knotty pine paneling that reminded me of the walls of the kitchen in my Grandparent’s old house! While it’s an old fashioned cottage, it has everything you need, refrigerator, stove (no oven) and cooking equipment, coffee pot, and a Queen Bed. They have other cottages with different amenities, some larger, some smaller and they also have motel rooms with varying amenities. It has a wall unit for AC but it cools this little cabin just fine! Color ...

• Cable TV with HBO and my husband is all set!

They have a beautiful pool that was sparkling clean when we were there, a Picnic area, little charcoal grills that you can use and there was also a laundry/rec room where you could do your laundry or play a game of pool. They have a kid’s playground on the property too as well as big lawn for the kids to play on. The front office has Internet service available and will let you use a computer there so you can check your email and keep up with your “other life”.

This place, while not for everybody has a really wonderful old fashioned charm about it that I just love and apparently so do a lot of

other people that come back year after year. The owners are very friendly and helpful. It is about 5-7 minutes away from the beach. They are also only just a few mile away from Fun Town USA, an amusement and water park, Aquaboggan is very close by the motel and that is a water park and a mini golf course. If you like to shop, the Maine Mall is about 5 minutes away. There’s Outlet shopping half an hour away too. Old Orchard Beach is nearby with all it’s attractions. So all in all, this motel and it’s cottages are very centrally located and with rates of $70-$115 per night for our particular cottage, I think it’s a really great place to spend your Maine vacation!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809474451130/k2311a0918/9.18.08