Rivership Romance, Sanford, FL  » Travel  »
433 North Palmetto Ave., Sanford, FL
  • I had heard about them from an advertisement in a newspaper and they sounded interesting so I looked them up on the web
  • It was all so delicious and it's prepared on board by a Chef to order

• by Why Georgia

One time for my husband’s and my anniversary, I booked a surprise for him on the “Rivership Romance” in Sanford, FL. I had heard about them from an advertisement in a newspaper and they sounded interesting so I looked them up on the web.

The Rivership Romance has different types of cruises. They do an afternoon lunch cruise and they also do a Sunday Brunch cruise, but the one that caught my eye and sounded the most romantic of all, was the Dinner and Dancing Cruise!

The Rivership Romance has quite a history! When she was brought down to Sanford, she was found in the in Chicago. She had spent most of her life on the Great Lakes and was pretty rundown and in need of some TLC. She took the trip from

Chicago to Sanford in 30 days covering some 2700 miles! It would take a half a year to restore her beauty and lustre, but it got done and she now sails the St. John’s River from Sanford taking guests out for romantic days and nights and even playing host to some lucky couple’s weddings now and then.

I surprised my husband the day of our trip. He thought I’d made plans to go to dinner somewhere special. As we headed toward Sanford rather early for dinner, he finally said “Okay, where are you taking me?” I told him it was a surprise and to just sit back and ride and listen to the CD in the stereo!

When we got there, he was all smiles as he realized I’d set up a special night ...

• for us. From the time we boarded the Rivership Romance until we debarked, the service, staff, the cruise; all of it totally superceded my expectations by a long shot! What a beautiful and memorable evening!

We started out on deck taking pictures and standing looking out on the St. John’s. Soon they brought out appetizers in a buffet type of setup with everything you’d ever want! They had cheeses, crackers, fruit and more. We both ordered wine. We stood sipping our wine and watching the sun go down on the deck.

Before the night was over, we went to our reserved table and both of us had the chicken dish. They had several choices though and among them were beef, pork, fish, chicken and a vegetarian dish. It was

all so delicious and it’s prepared on board by a Chef to order. They also served desserts but we didn’t have any.

We also danced the night away with the moon overhead reflecting down on the St. Johns. They had a band and although we only got up and danced twice, it was just so nice to have the music to listen to as we made our way along the River and held hands talking like a couple of Newlyweds!

The Dinner and Dancing cruise is held at 7:30 and goes until 11:00. It costs $50 per person and it’s worth every penny! Reservations for the Dinner and Dancing cruise are required. The drinks and gratuities are extra. We had a wonderful time, so romantic and so much fun! I definitely want to go back!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381809474311130/k2311a0918/9.18.08