Manorcuriosities  » Business  »
Manor way Quinton Birmingham UK
  • They also delivered for you which I think is great as if you buy a great big wardrobe you need to get it home some how, also Brian would also put it where you want it and not just leave it on the doorstep

• by Lyndssteve

There is a lovely shop that I used to visit, I did not buy every time I went in, but to have a look round was a treat as they had new stock coming in all the time. The shop was a little antique shop called manor curiosities and it was in a town called Halesowen opposite a public house called the royal oak.

The shop was run and owned by Brian and Maureen Thompson a lovely couple who where very friendly and very helpful and know so much about antiques and they would really put themselves out to help you get what you

are looking for.

They had lovely things from small things like trinket sets and little collectables, up to heavy big things like wardrobes and dressers.

I used to buy all my mirrors from them as they had such a fantastic choice, my mum collects Wedgwood and I used to get her Christmas and birthday presents from there.

The shop was always clean and very tidy the window display was always worth a look as it was set so beautifully.

Not only did they sell indoor furniture but they also sold out door things like bird baths, benches and ornaments which I brought a ...

• couple as they look lovely in the garden.

There shop was always busy and they never had there stock for long as the prices where very reasonable and the quality of there things was very high indeed.

They also delivered for you which I think is great as if you buy a great big wardrobe you need to get it home some how, also Brian would also put it where you want it and not just leave it on the doorstep.

He would also advise you on how to look after your furniture and what to use.

Both Maureen and Brian where very

knowledgeable and they even come out to my house as I had badly scratch a table I had and Brian had it fixed in no time I was very grateful as the table had been in the family for many years.

I think little businesses like these should be patronised, unfortunately I moved from Halesowen to down south [Brian helped me move] so I have not visited the shop for a while.

I have failed to find an antique shop like this one down where I live now which is a shame as I used to love to look around and have a chat.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 411809474031030/k2311a0918/9.18.08