Frankies & Bennies Ipswich  » Restaurants  »
Ipswich Norfolk UK
  • While away on business I was stopping in Ipswich but I didn't like the look of the food at the hotel so I decided to go and have a bite to eat at Frankie and Bennies in Ipswich
  • The restaurant wasn't that busy as it was a Wednesday night so I was able to get a table without a problem
  • It was delicious and was piping hot I was a bit worried that by waiting at the bar they might forget about my starter and it would get cold but thankfully it didn't and it was great
  • It was very nice I love meatballs and these met my expectations
  • Overall I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are in the Ipswich area and want an Italian meal with an American twist

• by Lyndssteve

While away on business I was stopping in Ipswich but I didn’t like the look of the food at the hotel so I decided to go and have a bite to eat at Frankie and Bennies in Ipswich. The saw the restaurant on while I was driving to the hotel and it wasn’t to far away so I decided to take a taxi there.

The restaurant wasn’t that busy as it was a Wednesday night so I was able to get a table without a problem; however I decided to have a drink at the bar while I looked at the menu. The bar area was quiet and I

was able to enjoy a nice drink while deciding what I wanted for my meal. I decided that I was going to have all three courses as I was hungry and unsure what I would have for breakfast. There was plenty of staff around on the night I was there so getting served wasn’t going to be a problem. I placed my order and when my starter was ready I was shown to my table.

For my starter I decided to try something new and I had the Mamma’s cheese bake. It was delicious and was piping hot I was a bit worried that by waiting at the ...

• bar they might forget about my starter and it would get cold but thankfully it didn’t and it was great. Next for my main course I went for their meatballs and spaghetti. It was very nice I love meatballs and these met my expectations. I also had a side order of herb potatoes which went very well with the meal. The portions were large as well which was good as I didn’t go hungry. For desert I had the chocolate orange Profiteroles rolls they were divine.

I had a nice bottle of wine with my meal which went done very well and I was pleasantly surprised

when I received the bill. The service in the restaurant was great the staff were all very friendly and I just wish Lyndsey and been with me as she would have enjoyed this place.

The restaurant was very clean and all the table look well presented and no dirty plates or glass were left lying around for very long from what I could see. The staff certainly did a good job. This extends to the toilets as well, well at least the male ones, they were very clean.

Overall I would definitely recommend this restaurant if you are in the Ipswich area and want an Italian meal with an American twist.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71809473991030/k2311a0918/9.18.08