TGI’s Stockton on tees  » Restaurants  »
Teeside shoping centre Stockton on tees UK
  • The starters arrived very quickly and we were impressed as we were expecting a delay because of the amount of people in, but the service for our starters was great and the food was very fresh
  • Overall I would really recommend this restaurant the service even when very busy was great the food was good and the staff were all very friendly and very helpful

• by Lyndssteve

When Lyndsey and I went to watch a football match up in Newcastle recently we stopped off on the way back for a bite to eat at the TGI Fridays in the Teesside shopping centre in Stockton on Tees.

The restaurant was very busy not only with locals but with football fans on their way back home. We were lucky enough to arrive just before the rush of people and managed to get seated after only a five to ten minute wait.

The restaurant was very busy and had a great atmosphere the football had been a draw so nobody was to upset. The service in getting us drinks and taking our order was

slightly slower than we would have expected but we put this down to the sudden large influx of guests. When our drinks did arrive and we placed our order.

For starters I ordered the wicked chicken which I hadn’t seen before. It was crispy pieces of chicken breast served with there hot sauce and a celery and blue cheese dips. It tasted great especially the blue cheese sauce. This is one that I would love to have again. Lyndsey ordered the Spinach and Artichoke dip, she loved it, it was artichoke wrapped in spinach covered in a creamy cheese sauce and served with tortillas. The starters arrived very quickly ...

• and we were impressed as we were expecting a delay because of the amount of people in, but the service for our starters was great and the food was very fresh.

For our main course we both decided to try something different to what we would do at our local TGI’s. To this end I tried the Chicken Fajitas they were lovely and the chicken was so tender and succulent. There was plenty of chicken as well to make the fajitas. Lyndsey had the Italian chicken Penne, to be honest it looked so good I wish I had chosen that as well. Lyndsey said how great the chicken was and how

good the pasta was. The service for our mains was again very good the food tasted great and was very hot so hadn’t been standing around much.

As we thought that the traffic on the motorway would still be bad we decided to have a desert. We decided to share the desert mini choosing five different flavours. This was a great way to finish the meal. The service for this took slightly longer but this was good as it let our food go down.

Overall I would really recommend this restaurant the service even when very busy was great the food was good and the staff were all very friendly and very helpful.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71809473961030/k2311a0918/9.18.08