Marriott Forest of arden
Solihul Birmingham Uk
  • We decided to make a weekend of it and booked an extra night there to make the best of the facilities that are on offer here
  • We also enjoyed relaxing in the leisure club using the sauna and the steam room as well as enjoying the swimming pool and I used the gym while Lyndsey had a massage
  • Overall this is a fantastic hotel and country club and I would totally recommend it to anyone who is looking for somewhere to stay in the area and has the time to make the most of what the country club has to offer

• by Steve12345

Recently Lyndsey and I attended a function at the Forest of Arden hotel and country club. We decided to make a weekend of it and booked an extra night there to make the best of the facilities that are on offer here.

The hotel is run by Marriot and as such you can guarantee a high level of services and standards at the complex. It is located just a few miles away from both the NEC and the International Airport at Birmingham. The hotel is set in some magnificent surrounds of Pakington estate.

The outside of the hotel is very

well maintained and suits its setting most expertly. Inside the hotel is of equally breathtaking standards. The entrance to the hotel is wonderful leading into a fantastic lobby with its balcony looking on to it. The staff on reception were great and we were booked in very quickly and then the porter took our bags up for us which was very nice.

The bedroom we had was great it was very large and had great views out of the windows. The was a lounge area that had a big comfy sofa and a desk to do work at

if this was a business trip rather than pleasure. There were the usual facilities’ as well such as the tea and coffee making, mini bar, large TV with pay movies and the high speed internet. There was also and most importantly a very large comfy double bed.

We ate in the restaurant on one of the nights and at the function the other, the meal at the function was very good and was well presented and as this was mass catering we both were very pleased with the meal. The other night we ate in the Broasdwater restaurant, the ...

• Marriott Forest of arden
      décor was lovely giving the place a great atmosphere and the staff were very friendly and professional. The dress code as with all the restaurants is casual which makes everyone more relaxed. The food too was wonderful the menu was international and the steak I had was done to perfection and Lyndsey’s fish was to die for. We also had breakfast here which is the usual lovely Marriott Buffet which I just love as I get to choose exactly what I want to eat.

While we were there we made the most of the leisure and country club,

as we both like tennis we bought our rackets with us and had a couple of games as we don’t get a chance to play anymore. We also enjoyed relaxing in the leisure club using the sauna and the steam room as well as enjoying the swimming pool and I used the gym while Lyndsey had a massage.

Overall this is a fantastic hotel and country club and I would totally recommend it to anyone who is looking for somewhere to stay in the area and has the time to make the most of what the country club has to offer.

Marriott Forest of arden

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21809473811030/k2311a0918/9.18.08