Crowne Plaza  » Hotels  »
Crowne Plaza Heathrow Stockley Road West Drayton MIddlesex UK
  • The only problem we had was that the cot was in the room when we arrived but one quick call to guest services soon rectified that
  • We ate in the hotel both nights and I have to say how impressed I was with the standard of the food

• by Steve12345

When we recently visited Lego Land in Windsor we stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel at Heathrow. The hotel is ideally located just of the M four motorway two junctions down from Windsor. The hotel is just off from the junction and can be seen from the motorway. The entrance is clearly marked when coming from the M four.

There is ample car parking available as there is a big over flow car park at the back of the hotel, there is also a section for those who are parking their cars there while they go on holiday.

The entrance to the hotel is very modern and the reception area is very clean and modern looking, there was a big queue at reception when we arrived at around six o’clock, I did think that this would take an age to get checked in. However I was wrong and the staff handled the queue

very quickly and efficiently. We were checked in within ten minutes and the staff on the check in were very helpful and very friendly.

We got our room which had two very big double beds in as well as a nice en suite and a large TV and mini bar. We made sure that Kurt didn’t know there was a mini bar. The only problem we had was that the cot was in the room when we arrived but one quick call to guest services soon rectified that.

We made full use of the leisure facilities at the hotel which included a very well equipped gym and weights room, a large swimming pool with an adjoining kids pool, spa, cold plunge pool, steam room and sauna. Both Lyndsey and I used all the facilities’ at differing points while either one of us were with the kids in the kids pool.

• The changing rooms were very spacious and they had lots of lockers which were a pound each but you got your money back when you opened the door again. The leisure facilities were a big plus for us as we used them both days in the mornings and when we got back from Lego Land.

We ate in the hotel both nights and I have to say how impressed I was with the standard of the food. On the first night we ate in their pub come bar restaurant and only had a light meal as we had eaten at the theme park Both Lyndsey and I had the burger with chips which was great. The pub had an Irish pub feel to it and was called Dr O’Drisscols. There was a very good kids menu which Kurt ate from before falling asleep. We ate in the main restaurant the second

night which was in the form of a buffet or menu I had the lasagne and Lyndsey had the Thai Prawn curry, again there was kids options which was great. The food in both of the restaurants was excellent as was the service from the staff. Breakfast was also in the form of the buffet and was very nice and fresh although I wasn’t a fan of there sausages. There was a lot of choice from both hot and cold offerings.

Overall the only down side I could find was the fact that you had to pay extra for car parking which for us was six pound a night on the Lego Land package that we booked. The hotel was excellent value for the rate we paid and was very clean and defiantly worth staying there. If we need a hotel in that area we would certainly be happy to use this one again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21809473731030/k2311a0918/9.18.08