Comcast Internet and Cable
  • Without any warning that the promo is ending, we got our bill which cost $110+
  • You will have to wait long before you are attended to and most of the time, the problem will not be solved on your first call
  • There are two things I like about Comcast though First, the convenience that they offer giving their clients the option to pay their bills online

• by lipsticknladdles

About the Company:

Comcast is among the United States’ largest provider of cable services. It was founded in 1963. It also provides digital services, internet and broadband phone.

My personal Experience with this Company:

I used to have Cox for cable and internet in our Virginia home. I was satisfied with their service that is why when we moved to Michigan, I intended to get the same service provider. But Comcast is the only one available in the area of my current residence. And so be it. We called Comcast to install cable and internet. Scheduling was tough. There is a long wait. They finally give us an appointment two weeks after the day we called. And yes, it was an odd time, so you

will be required to have a day off from work. The once we had was between 2-5pm. The technician arrived on time. He was polite and he did his work with competence. That is for the digital cable. But with the internet, we just opt to do the self installation. We ordered the modem, pick it up and paid for it on the nearest Comcast office. With both the digital cable and internet my husband luckily got a promo amount of not more than 50 bucks. That lasted for 6 months. Without any warning that the promo is ending, we got our bill which cost $110+. That is more than double of the amount that we used to pay We think this was just too ...

• much for us so we decided to downgrade. We settled for a slower internet service and had a few channels removed from the cable tv and we give them back their DVR. We were billed $75+ still. The fee is a bit unreasonable. There are so many hidden charges. We often have disconnected internet connection. This is too much of a hassle because my husband is an information technologist who often works from home. The disconnection disrupts his work so he is often annoyed with this. With regards to the digital cable, it produces great quality picture in my Sharp Aquos LCD TV but that is if the signal is working good. Most nights, the HD channels will display pixilated shows so I have no choice but
        to revert back to the regular channels.

With regards to the technical support and customer service sometimes I would day that they lack the efficiency in handling complaints. You will have to wait long before you are attended to and most of the time, the problem will not be solved on your first call.

There are two things I like about Comcast though First, the convenience that they offer giving their clients the option to pay their bills online. Second,the wide variety of choices for nice kiddie channels on their Comcast On Demand.

Generally, I will say that Comcast performs a little below FAIR. They could use a lot of improvement. If there are other companies offering phone, internet and cable in your area, you should check it out first.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211809473550930/k2311a0918/9.18.08