Meijer Aloe Vera Sunburn Lotion  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • Not wanting to spend a lot of money I decided to get the no name brand, I mean, Aloe Vera is Aloe Vera, right
  • Sure I saved a little bit of money, but in the end it was just a waste as my problem was never solved and I just had to bare the pain until the sunburn peeled of its own volition

• by pocnib

Recently I went kayaking and came back with a nasty, painful sunburn. Aloe Vera usually works wonders.

Not wanting to spend a lot of money I decided to get the no name brand, I mean, Aloe Vera is Aloe Vera, right? Apparently not.

The Meijer brand of Aloe Vera lotion was just a sticky goop that was almost impossible to spread and did absolutely

nothing to alleviate the pain of my sunburn.

What the ‘lotion’ did manage to do was turn my legs, arms, and face into flypaper that stuck to everything.

Before I knew it everywhere that I had put the lotion was covered in dirt, hair, lint, threads, and other random things that we come into contact with everyday.

As a result I ended up with ...

• green, sticky, painful, dirty legs.

Sure I saved a little bit of money, but in the end it was just a waste as my problem was never solved and I just had to bare the pain until the sunburn peeled of its own volition.

I truly feel that I would have done better to just use homemade ice packs to numb the area and

cool off the sunburn.

That would have been free and less messy, and I am pretty sure would have done a better job helping control the pain, but then again since the Meijer brand Aloe Vera did absolutely nothing for the pain, that claim would not be hard to make.

Steer clear of this product, either pay a little extra or just save your money all together.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311809472320730/k2311a0918/9.18.08