L’Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Makeup  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • In essence, I would not recommend mineral makeup to anyone with dry skin
  • In my opinion though, it made my skin look dull, older, and drier

• by Been There Done That

Okay, so I hopped on the bandwagon of mineral makeup! I hesitated for a long time, due to the fact that I have dry skin, and I have to be careful with any powder because it sets in the fine lines on my face, and my skin looks drawn instead of soft and fresh. But after watching the infomercials, and reading reviews, and forums, I was convinced that since this is all-natural, and is supposed to make your skin healthier.

To give it a try, I purchased L’Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Foundation, in

light Ivory. I didn’t want to purchase an entire kit of the more expensive brands without giving a less expensive product a shot. It’s all made of the same stuff, right? I washed my face, and made sure that I moisturized really well, and allowed some time for it to sink in. The container was pretty nifty! The top has a cap that you lift off that holds the brush for applying the foundation. There are little holes that allow the product to sift up to allow you to load the brush ...

• with the product. I really liked the container!

I started applying it per the instructions, and at first, I really liked the coverage and the feel. By the time I got to my nose and under my eyes, was when I realized that it was starting to make me wrinkly looking! It started to look like it was caked on, and my face started to itch. I did not use a heavy hand, thinking that I could add more if needed. Indeed, after a couple of minutes, I felt like I had

dirt on my face, which I guess if you think about it, I did!

In essence, I would not recommend mineral makeup to anyone with dry skin. It was a great color, but other than that, there is nothing good I can say about it. I did use it as face powder over my liquid foundation once, and still, the same dirty faced feeling again. Maybe girls with oily skin can use it with success. In my opinion though, it made my skin look dull, older, and drier. Not a good look!

L'Oreal Bare Naturale Mineral Makeup

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311809471970730/k2311a0918/9.18.08