Novotel Phuket Resort
Kalim Beach Road, Patong, 83150 Phuket, Thailand
  • I think the bathroom is too cramped, like if you're in the shower, you'd feel the shower curtain every time you move

• by cheesyfiona

This resort was designed in such a way that villas of three levels are spread out and your room number, say 502 is in the 5th villa. Nothing so bad about that. Except the fact that the road leading to the villas were hilly. Imagine having your breakfast buffet and then walking all the way back to your room…then you’re hungry again! This is especially tiring for me if you’re coming from the beach, which is withing “hiking” distance. The beach was pretty of course, and if you don’t want to go hiking down, lounge around their pools that are cascaded against the hills, giving you a good view of the same view

you’ll get at the beach, minus getting tired and sand.

You know how people were scared of going back to Phuket (or any beach/resorts in Thailand) due to the tsunami incident a few years back? Some of my friends were kinda scared to be alone in their rooms, I say, what the heck it’s not like a ghost will come up to me and say it’s her room. Anyway, once I got to my room (which is at villa 7! whew!) it was creepy! Not in the I-got-goosebumps kind of way..

The room was decorated with linens that are dark or darkbrown, the fixtures, and almost everything else is in dark wood brown too. And,

• lighting was insufficient to counteract the gloomy feeling of the interiors. Could have been better with good lighting.

There’s also a small balcony where you can have a few beers and cigarettes… Kinda nice but it depends which side of the villa you get. I got the one with the tennis court as my view. Ha-ha.

I think the bathroom is too cramped, like if you’re in the shower, you’d feel the shower curtain every time you move. The room itself isn’t small so I guess they should’ve extended the bathroom a little but further. The mirror was cast against a sliding window for you to slide if you want to see your

room. I brush my teeth, put my makeup on and wash my face while still watching the TV. (Oh, there aren’t so many channels in there. I only watched Star Movies and BBC World. All the other “standard” channels in hotels, like CNN, HBO or Discovery, they don’t have it.)

If you’re thinking about having room service, the good ones I’ve tried were Tom Yum Goong (spicy prawn soup) and Phad Thai Goong (fried noodles with prawns). These famous Thai dishes are really good and filling, for just THB250++. I’m surprised though that they didn’t have the Thai iced tea.

I could stay here again if I don’t find a resort/hotel that have less creepier rooms.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21709471520330/k2311a0917/9.17.08