Verizon Phone Service  » General services  »
  • The first time that I applied for the service I had to put down a security deposit of $125 dollars I believe
  • Personal experience with landline phone connection is positive
  • My monthly bill used to come in at $34.99 I think
  • Getting a new telephone number was not a problem for me at all

• by etambe01

I got Verizon landline service in order to be able to make and receive landline calls and to be able to get connection through the internet.The first time that I applied for the service I had to put down a security deposit of $125 dollars I believe. The security deposit gets refunded to you after sometime. They either credit your account or they give you a check refund. I do not remember getting a check back so I guess, they did credit my account for the deposit.

The first service under my name was at Hyattsville.

The connection was for local calls, which were included in the monthly bill. Internet connections was over the phone line also,that is another reason why you get a landline connection, the dial up connection to the internet. For long distance calling I used by cellular telephone.Long distance calls are included in cell phone services, that is nationwide long distance calling.

When you call to get home phone service install,Verizon gets your information and they bill you for the charges. The initial charges would come with that first bill.They apartments are already wired. They could tell from their own ...

• end when you call and they give you a certain number of time during which the service would be turned on.The first time that I other landline service, I had to wait a day or two before the service came on. The second time around the service was on within the few hours.

Personal experience with landline phone connection is positive. The connections are always going through and theer is no instances of drop calls which could occur on some cell phone services.The billing comes in regularly. My monthly bill used to come in at $34.99 I think.

It was the same amount monthly because the line was for local calls and internet service which monthly charges stayed the same from month to month.

Number portability is now available but by the time that I moved from one location to the other I did have to get a new telephone number. Getting a new telephone number was not a problem for me at all.How would I rank Verizon landline wireless service. I would say it works very well. Landline connections have been around for ages and just about every little bug in the system has been wiped out.

gerry says :

do you have phone , cable, and dsl service in smethport,pa.

Jules Li says :

Gerry, you will need your exact address to check the availability of these services. Go to verizon.com and add these services as if you’re going to purchase them. You will then be required to enter your address, and it will let you know if they’re available or not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 251709471510330/k2311a0917/9.17.08