U Haul Truck Services
2421 Chilum Road, Hyattsville MD 20783
  • I rented their truck just once I believe and that was when I was moving from the Hyattsville area to Laurel in the year 2001.I dialed up their toll free number and they described was sizes of trucks that they have available for rent

• by etambe01

I-800-U-Haul says it all.U Haul is a nationwide truck moving company from which you can rent trucks and other equipments in case you are relocating. I rented their truck just once I believe and that was when I was moving from the Hyattsville area to Laurel in the year 2001.I dialed up their toll free number and they described was sizes of trucks that they have available for rent.

The one that I got was for $19.99 a day. I just needed it for a day. That is not the final price that you pay though. There is a charge for mileage, so if you are going on a long move then look to

pay more for the trunk rental.

They did tell me that what I was looking for was available and to facilitate matters I gave them a major credit card and they reserved the truck for me.I then went to the location in Hyattsville and that is when they draw up the contract aggreement for me. There is an option there for insurance which is not expensive at all, so that would be good to take.

There is gas in the truck when they rent it out to you. They expect you to bring it back with the same level of fuel that was in the truck when it was rented to you. Pay particurlar attention to ...

• this because I believe that they would charge you a highly fuel rate compared to what you could have gotten at the gas station.They sales person would explain it to you when while they are drawing up the rental agreement.

The trucks are not brand new but they are in good condition. The driving was smooth. The distance that I was covering was not that great to begin with.In terms of size, mine was one of their midsize models. The 14 inch one is the one that I got. There was a promotion going on at the time. That is why my deal was a good one.

I got a copy of the contract with the truck

and did the moving that needed to be done. From Hyattsville to Laurel is not that great a distance. I returned the truck later that day. They give you an option on whether you want to leave the payments in your credit card or if you would want to pay cash. It all amounts to the same dollar value.Paying cash is what I ended up doing. The total cost came to about $60 dollars.

I have not used many moving trunk companies at all, but U-Haul seems to be a good moving company. Their prices are reasonable and the entire process of signing up the agreement and renting and returning their truck worked out well for me.

Mary says :

I am moving to Ma from Mi and i have a family of 5, do you provide an extended cab truck that could move all of my stuff?

Jules Li says :

Mary, U Haul does not have any trucks that are extended cab.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 251709471500330/k2311a0917/9.17.08