Aol internet service  » Internet  »
  • The price was for $21.99 monthly and that is what I paid throughout the period that I owned the service
  • I believe that at the time the version was one of the very slowly ones
  • Another problem at times was the interruption of the service when you were connected

• by etambe01

I started using Aol internet service in early 1999 and stayed with the service provider uptill around September 2004. Aol had its headquarters based in Dulles Virginia at the time. They are now in New York.

I signed up with the service using a major credit card. The price was for $21.99 monthly and that is what I paid throughout the period that I owned the service. I believe that at the time the version was one of the very slowly ones. Version 4.0 was how low that I started my service with them. By the time

that the service ended they had gone up to version 7.0. Getting the updated version was easy. The company immediately sends you an email each time they updated and provided you with instructions on how to download and install the newer version. I used the service to connect to the internet and to receive and send emails. Receiving and sending emails I did not use very much. The connection to the internet is what I used a lot.

The internet service did work well some of the times. Since it was a dial-up connection at times it ...

• gets irritating as you sit and try to get connected. You get that irritating dial up sound and the connection would just take its time to go through. When it does go throught though it worked find.

Another problem at times was the interruption of the service when you were connected. It would just go off at times. You then had to sit through while the connection attempts to go through .Aol was a very popular company at the time and they did a good job of advertising the service. The other alternatives were MSN

but everybody I knew had aol service.

Looking back now, for what I was doing you could get the same service for half the price. I had friends of my elder brother who were paying $9.99 for their internet service connection but their providors were not as popular. I just thought that if you were paying less then twenty dollars a month, you must be getting a lesser product.

At the time that I used aol internet service it seemed okay to me.Looking back now I do not think that I got good service for the money that I was paying.

Aol internet service

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 211709471490330/k2311a0917/9.17.08