THAI AIR  » Airlines  »
  • Until recently, I found there service to be excellent
  • I flew with them in December 2005, and again in January 2006 and I was less then impressed
  • I was told sorry there was a problem with the hot water
  • Although the hotel is not owned by Thai International they do recommend the hotel
  • I decided to change my return flight, and went to the Thai Air office in Bangkok

• by ladyexpat
      I have flown Thai Airways International many times during the past five years. Until recently, I found there service to be excellent. I flew with them in December 2005, and again in January 2006 and I was less then impressed. First, the travel agency I used to buy my tickets had a fire, and my paid for Thai tickets were destroyed. Thai Air made it extremely difficult to have the tickets replaced.

They treated the tickets as lost, and it took them almost a week, and many phone calls and emails to the travel agent to have them replaced. I was not impressed. I booked my first nights hotel in Bangkok through the Royal Orchid Holiday program. I arrived late, and was given a small, shabby room.

The next morning there

was no hot water to shower. Finally, after several phone calls to find out what was wrong, I had to get dressed and go to the front desk. After insisting that I wanted to speak to the Room Manager several times he was located. I was told sorry there was a problem with the hot water.

The room manager had no idea when the problem would be fixed, and I was told that no other rooms were available. I had to take a cold shower. I was offered no compensation. When I asked for compensation I was offered a drink in the bar! Although the hotel is not owned by Thai International they do recommend the hotel.

I think the lack of service in this hotel reflects directly on the Thai ...

• Airways. I decided to change my return flight, and went to the Thai Air office in Bangkok. The wait to see an agent was two hours! The agent was quite good. However, I could not finalize everything there, and asked if I could do it over the phone with a credit card.

I was told YES. I finalized everything that evening, and called Thai customer service. I got through quickly, and made the changes and gave the customer service person my credit card. I left for dinner.

Upon my return I had a phone call from Thai Air asking me to phone back. I did call back, and it took me over two hours of holding to get to talk to someone. This time I am told that they cannot take

my credit card over the phone! By this time I have spent at least 4 hours trying to make this credit change. To make a long story short, I finally made the ticket change at the Thai Air office in Cambodia.

There was another two hour wait here!

At the check-in counter in Bangkok the counter person forgot to write down my passport information, and chased me through the airport so that she could correct her mistake. This was most embarrassing for me. She also gave me an incorrect seat assignment. I had asked for a seat with leg room, and she gave me the seat behind.

Thankfully, there was a seat available and I was moved by one of the attendents on the plane. I have to say these experiences have soured me on Thai Airways International.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 40150447070230/k2311a0415/4.15.06