Cafe Iberico Chicago  » Restaurants  »
Chicago, IL
  • I went to Iberico cafe for my birthday, and I have to say, it was an amazing experience
  • It's a traditional Spanish tapas place, and while I don't really know exactly what tapas means in Spanish, I think it means a small dish with any authentic food
  • By far the best Sangria I've ever tasted, athough I wish they had more variety - Iberico only offers 2 kinds of Sangria pitchers

• by Zuks

I went to Iberico cafe for my birthday, and I have to say, it was an amazing experience. A friend of mine recommended this place, I made reservations for 10 people (they only accept reservations for Sunday-Thursday, since the place is always packed on Fridays and Saturdays), and we went there on a nice sunny Sunday.

I

will start with the food. It’s a traditional Spanish tapas place, and while I don’t really know exactly what tapas means in Spanish, I think it means a small dish with any authentic food. Each tapa costs $4-8, and I think by the end of the evening we managed to order almost every item on the menu!

• My favorite tapas were seafood plate, smoked salmon, beef tenderloin and grlled mushrooms. The portions are not big, yet large enough to be able to share, which we did. And their home made Sangria is absolutely amazing! By far the best Sangria I’ve ever tasted, athough I wish they had more variety - Iberico only offers 2
        kinds of Sangria pitchers: white Sangria and Red Sangria.

It was a little noisy inside, I must say, so it’s probably not the best place to have a romantic evening. However, it’s a great place to go to with friends or on a date. If you are a fan of Spanish food, Iberico is a place you will love!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71609470681230/k2311a0916/9.16.08