The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (PG-13, 2008) movie  » Movies  »
  • I declined to see the other Mummy films because I found them boring

• by Famous

I usually don’t like these mummy movies. But a friend of mine dragged me out to see this one, and I was not that displeased. I will say that the story itself was kind of charming.

There was plenty of action so as not to keep me bored. But I was especially charmed by the fact that the special effects

were tastefully done.

The emperor himself was quite scary looking without looking to overprocessed by computers. His hot clay-baked look said to me that he was ancient and evil.

I also liked that two Asian women were called upon to essentially save the day. The story unfolded rather nicely.

Though, I did have a hard time believing ...

• that Alex was really Brendan Fraser’s son in the film. Another aspect I liked was the Yetti presence.

Typically, this kind of creature is associated with evil, and with horror. They are usually thought of as horrible creatures who live in arctic climates and terrorize campers and explorers.

But in this film, the Yetti are extremely helpful to the group of

explorers. They are called upon to save them during an avalanche, and they are genuinely gentle, yet powerful creatures.

If only other films portrayed this kind of mythological creature in such a positive light. I declined to see the other Mummy films because I found them boring.

But in seeing this one, I may decide to view the others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111609470611230/k2311a0916/9.16.08