ASPCA (television commercial)  » TV  »
  • The music however, is what I think people will notice right away
  • As I said before, I don't know whether I like the ad or not because it makes me feel so darn sad

• by Famous

I am such a dog lover. So when I saw this ASPCA commercial, I was immediately struck in the heart.

The music however, is what I think people will notice right away.

The song comes on delicate piano and the sweetest female voice begins oozing over the notes with sensitive angst.

The artist singing is Sarah McLaughlin.

She is also the spokesperson in the ad.

I have mixed feelings about this commercial because the animals are all shown in varying degrees of distress.

Some have been rescued, and as the blurb indicates on the screen, some were rescued “too late.

” I am only left to wonder whether that means those particular dogs we’re seeing were actually put ...

• to sleep.

Seeing cute little puppies and kittens in distress is particularly hard for me.

So every time this ad comes on, I immediately think: “I hate this commercial!” because it makes me so terribly sad.

They have absolutely chosen the right artist for this commercial because Sarah’s music is incredibly sensitive and introspective.

For this commercial,

she really tugs at my heart strings because of the pictures of the animals being shown.

If the people behind the ad wanted to make the public feel sorry for the animals being depicted, then this was the perfect way to do that.

As I said before, I don’t know whether I like the ad or not because it makes me feel so darn sad.

Gayle Whitt says :

My first impression is that they are crooks…
    People who want to do good by animals show how the animal was rescued and show the animal in better shape or at least being helped.
    Think their financial statements should be closely scrutinized. Don’t believe they are good people.

Larissa V says :

I’m from Brazil and don’t know much about this instituion but everyone says it a very recognized one and I really donate for them in this application Charity Miles. I’m happy for doing a donation for animals, but like everyone that makes financial helps we really think: “well, and if they are not a good institution?” the other side if everyone think like this forever never a donation will be done. So we still like consumers, workers and volunteers that don’t know certainly what we are about to face.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101609470491230/k2311a0916/9.16.08