The Haunting of #24 (movie)
  • The movies advertised were so below par, that I thought I would really dislike the actual movie
  • The story gets more interesting when we discover that the young man is pining for his estranged girlfriend
  • The story takes place in England and his girlfriend is a black woman - something I found odd and slightly refreshing, because the story revolves around this instead of making it a focal point

• by Famous

I was really surprised by this film. In watching the previews, I was a bit surprised that the film was as decent as it was. This is because the previews were really wack.

The movies advertised were so below par, that I thought I would really dislike the actual movie. This film is about a young man who moves into a strange rooming house for a temporary amount of time.

Despite the strange setting, and the eerie feeling

that he gets in his room, he rents it. At once he begins hearing noises.

And one of the residents says something to him that takes him aback. She appears to be the only resident, even though she tells him that the house is full of people.

He never sees any other people and that bothers him. Another thing that bothers him is the fact that the landlord keeps popping up on his doorstep, and even tries ...

• to come in uninvited once.

He can’t seem to get a handle on what’s really going on. But for some reason, he doesn’t leave (even when he’s given a note to do so through the door.

) The story gets more interesting when we discover that the young man is pining for his estranged girlfriend. The story takes place in England and his girlfriend is a black woman - something I found odd and slightly refreshing, because the story revolves

around this instead of making it a focal point.

To make a long story short (SPOILER ALERT!) the young man realizes that people who come here and stay don’t ever leave. It’s a really weird Hotel California type of story, and there are lots of loose ends that kind of left me cold.

At the end, I felt creeped out. But the tone of the film is so depressing that I simply cannot watch it again, even if it was a good film.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111609470351230/k2311a0916/9.16.08