America’s Best Dance Crew  » TV  »
2.5
  • And I love programs that show the dancing skills of different kinds of people
  • But instead of using three really seasoned professionals with years of experience, MTV has chosen Lil Mama (a rap artist) and JC Chasez as judges
  • So I will admit that I'm having a problem thinking that these people have the right qualifications

• by Famous

I love dance shows. And I love programs that show the dancing skills of different kinds of people.

Mario Lopez and his dimples host the show.

And the contestants appears to come from all walks of life.

Like many different dance show competitions in reality TV, there are three judges.

But

instead of using three really seasoned professionals with years of experience, MTV has chosen Lil Mama (a rap artist) and JC Chasez as judges.

So I will admit that I’m having a problem thinking that these people have the right qualifications.

For example, they are performing to hip hop songs from the 1980’s.

But none ...

• of the judges were really alive and kicking in the 80s enough to remember how the style of dance really evolved.

This is just a minor detail.

But I would have liked to see judges who know a bit more about this particular culture.

Another thing that I must mention is that this show is

produced and created (I guess it’s the brainchild of…)by Randy Jackson, one of the American Idol judges.

I would have thought that Paula Abdul would head up this show since she was a choreographer for the Lakers.

But anyway, this is a decent show.

But if you’ve seen one dance show, you’ve probably seen them all.

America's Best Dance Crew

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101609470301230/k2311a0916/9.16.08