Ameda Elite breastpump
  • The best part about this pump is that it has two adjustable knobs
  • I think that any woman looking for a long term pumping machine would be glad to use this model

• by Whitney

I rented this breastpump from the hospital where my son was born. It was the only one that the lactation one rented, so it was my only option. I needed one because my son was born with a cleft palate and thus unable to suck.

However, I am VERY pleased with this machine.

While I am not a big fan of EPing (exclusively pumping), this is the machine I would choose if I had to do this over again.

The best part about this pump is that it has two adjustable knobs. ONe is for “cycles” which allows you to adjust how many times you want ...

• suction in a minute. The other knob is “vacuum” which controls the power of the suction. This allows you to remain at a comfortable level while getting a good milk supply.

This pump is what is known as a closed machine, so that there is no risk of contamination. The hospital rents these

out to several people, of course, but because of the way the tubing works, you do not risk contamination from another woman. That ease of mind is wonderful when I already have a lot of my plate.

I think that any woman looking for a long term pumping machine would be glad to use this model.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 541609470031130/k2311a0916/9.16.08