GE Spacesaver Washer & Dryer  » Electronics  »
  • I like that there is a feature which allows you to control the level of water the machine uses
  • I have noticed that the water pressure when filling up the machine is rather lax
  • I think this causes me to use a bit more detergent than I ordinarily would
  • I love that the dryer sits on top of the washing machine, which makes it much easier to transfer clothes

• by Famous

I have this particular set in my apartment, and it is true to it’s namesake. The GE Spacesaver Washer & Dryer set fit snugly in an enclosed space no bigger than a coat closet. (As a matter of fact, people who visit often mistake it for a coat closet.

) In any event, the washing machine has quite a few settings, including delicates, etc. But I find that I only use one setting, and that’s the REGULAR one.

I like that there is a feature which allows you

to control the level of water the machine uses. I hate wasting water, so this is great for really small loads.

I have noticed that the water pressure when filling up the machine is rather lax. I usually add detergent while the water is running (prior to putting clothes in)-and I am used to the high water pressure creating lots of suds.

I think this causes me to use a bit more detergent than I ordinarily would. Other than that, the GE washing machine is ...

• rather quiet.

Once I close the “closet” door, I can comfortably watch television without having to turn the volume way up. As far as the dryer it concerned: it’s a pretty simple machine to use.

Again, I usually set the dryer using the heavy load, permanent press feature, which gets clothes dry fairly quickly. I like that minute settings listed: 90, 60, 30, etc.

But since it’s a dial, you don’t have to set the timer on any one specific time. Since the GE Spacesaver does

just that [saves space]-I will say that huge loads of clothes will not get dry within an hour.

I suppose that applies to any washer. The dryer can only handle small to medium loads without having to reset the timer for extra minutes.

But in general, this GE Spacesaver washer and dryer is incredibly handy, especially for smaller apartments. I love that the dryer sits on top of the washing machine, which makes it much easier to transfer clothes.

It also saves on lots of LOST socks!

Dorothy says :

What does the code dr mean on the ge space saver washing machine

Jules Li says :

This code is short for drainage. It usually comes up when it’s having problems draining water. Check the drainage hose to make sure that it’s not blocked off.

Galega says :

This is a drainage related Error Code. Your pump is either bound up with something in the chamber, or there is something in your discharge hose blocking the water from escaping.

Look on the back of the washer, and unscrew the circular port in the bottom right corner.

If there is nothing binding your pump in any of those locations, your pump motor may be failing. In that case, you may need to ask a service engineer to troubleshoot it.

Sylvia Kratins says :

I have a spacesaver washer dryer and there is no lint screen. is there supposed to be one? If so where does it go in the dryer and how do I get a new one?

Jules Li says :

After opening the dryer door, it should be located on the lip of the door.

Galega says :

The lint screen or filter is located in the upper right hand corner inside of the dryer. It is obviously not a convenient position, and new users find it tough to have their hand on it. They fill pretty quickly too, so you should clean it out once every 7-10 days depending on the amount of laundry you do.

Cheryl Peschke says :

I bought a GE space maker dryer and I need a new plastic lint piecee that goes in the dryer door. How can I buy it?

Galega says :

GE also produced plastic lint screen or dryer. You can easily find it at any authorized GE store. I would suggest against using a third party lint as that may not be fully compatible with this machine.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16150446961130/k2311a0415/4.15.06