Smart Scoop Self Cleaning Litter Box

• by myview78

Smart Scoop self-cleaning litter box is great for any pet owner who has multiple cats, busy schedule, or dog that likes to go pick through the litter box. I admit I was a bit hesitant to make the purchase but since the regular litter box was turning into a messy situation, I was willing to take the risk.

The price was fair I was able to find one that

sold for under $100 and had a mail in rebate.

The pros of the Smart Scoop self-cleaning litter box is that it keeps your home odor free, dirty litter is scooped up in 15 minutes, and it reduces the amount of litter that is tracked through your home.

The cons are related to the type of litter that is being used and the raking setup that picks up the dirty litter.

...

• I found that you do have to invest in fast clumping cat litter in order for the self-cleaning litter box to be the most effective.

Otherwise it tends to smear the used cat litter rather than pick it up.

Also the rake that picks up the litter has a one inch gap on each side, and can miss picking up dirty litter at times.

It does not eliminate the

need to keep an eye on the litter box, and it will need to be scooped for missed pieces every other day.

However, the fact that it is keeping my home odor free is far worth the trade off of having to take a second to make sure all the clumps are removed.

Also, litter is no longer tracked through my house, so my daily clean-up routine has been made much easier.

alovelystory says :

I purchased a Smart Scoop self cleaning litterbox, and follow the instructions faithfully about not putting in too much litter. We have had the unit for a week now, and its starting to fail. the rake portion now hits the end of the box, and makes the most horrid crunching sound from the gears. I have taken the unit completely apart several times, mad esure its clean, and still the gears grind. Any ideas??

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291509469031230/k2311a0915/9.15.08