Film Gladiator
2.0
  • By the end of the movie, I knew I had seen one of the best movies ever

• by Michael Stephen

Here is the story of a man who is at the top, falls and then rises to the top again. This is a great movie.

I love this story.

When I initially saw it in the dollar discount movie theatre, I wasn’t sure what I should think.

“If

it’s bad, it’s just a dollar” I thought.

By the end of the movie, I knew I had seen one of the best movies ever.

This story deals with a general in the mighty Roman army named “Maximus” who served under the Roman leader “Marcus Aurelius”.

The twist in ...

• the story comes near the end of Marcus Aurelius’ life when he asks his general “Maximus” assume his position after his death rather than his morally corrupt and ruthless son “Claudius”.

When Claudius murders his father, “Maximus” is reduced to a slave, a fighting slave called a “gladiator

This movie was very well written and exciting.

I didn’t want to get popcorn during this movie.

I didn’t want anyone talking to me during this movie.

I wanted to catch it all! This is a good movie for those that like excitement and drama.

I also loved the portrayal of Roman culture.

I highly recommend this movie.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111509468941230/k2311a0915/9.15.08