Letters of Swami Vivekananda by Advaita Ashrama
  • For the wisdom it imparts, and the realities it speaks of, I think this book is worth reading

• by Bibliophilic bloke

This book is a collection of the letter written by Swami Vivekananda (one of the most dynamic and influential seers ever of India) to his disciples, brothers, friends and others. The book has a large number of letters of Vivekananda spanning across from the late 19th century to the early 20th century.

This book is like a fountain that spreads from the mind

of Swami Vivekananda. It soothes your soul and teaches you about the various cultures of the different parts of the globe. His beautiful thoughts and the love he had for his nation, religion and the mankind are clearly manifested verbally through these letters. I liked the book overall although I admit I was bored at certain points of time during the book. I liked ...

• the experiences of his traveling and the various cultures of the globe that Swami Vivekananda has shared with his friends. His writing has been immaculate and sweet. But what put me off at times were the esoteric philosophies, spiritual talk, excerpts from Vedas, Puranas and mythology which are hard to comprehend for a worldly human being such as me.

The book took me by surprise

on certain occasions where Swami Vivekananda has shared his troubles, frustrations and humiliations he faced on his visit to different countries. I never had imagined in my wildest fantasies that life can be hell even to the seers who claim themselves free of all the worldly bickering.

For the wisdom it imparts, and the realities it speaks of, I think this book is worth reading.

Nitin Shrimal says :

I want to know ,are there any letters written by Swami Vivekanand to Shri Sawant Ram Ji Shrimal , Harinarayan Ji Shrimal Shobha Lal Ji Shrimal Dewan of Khetri State Raj . If Yes then please provide the referred book name price so we can buy it With Thanks regards CA Nitin Shrimal Khetri - Raj Mob. No. 09352921220

Galega says :

Hi Nitin, I tried to look for it, but could not find a single source containing all these letters. I suggest you to go to a library at any Ramaksrishna Asharam and you can find these letters. Ramakrishna Ashram is there in almost all cities in India.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171409468641230/k2311a0914/9.14.08