Google Chrome  » Software  »
  • The main problem that hinders Google Chrome is that it is a Beta Web browser and not fully completed or perfectly functional
  • During my use of Google Chrome the only issue that I encountered was Google Chrome could not run Java content in Web pages
  • Would I recommend downloading and installing Google Chrome

• by Larry Haskins

I recently decided to try out the new Web browser created by Google called Google Chrome. After reading the license agreement and checking the option to allow them to collect usage statistics and crash reports so they can improve their browser, I installed it onto my computer. When Google Chrome launched I felt unpleasantly surprised at its strangeness at first. Google Chrome doesn’t have as many buttons and toolbars on the browser as other browsers do.

However, as I started to use Google Chrome the impressiveness of its features quickly made me appreciate the simplicity and functionality of its design. The

main features that puts Google Chrome ahead of the competition are: a search bar integrated into the address bar, a history search feature that searchs Web page titles as well as Web page text, a Web page history that displays the times when pages were visited, and a built-in spell checker. The main problem that hinders Google Chrome is that it is a Beta Web browser and not fully completed or perfectly functional.

Please don’t misunderstand me when I talk about its completion or functionality. During my use of Google Chrome the only issue that I encountered was Google Chrome could not ...

• run Java content in Web pages. I was able to surf the Web, download files, view my E-mail, and play flash games, and Google Chrome handled all of those better than Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Google Chrome accessed Web pages with comparable or better speeds than Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox, even with phishing and malware protection turned on.

Would I recommend downloading and installing Google Chrome? Absolutely. Would I recommend making Google Chrome your default web browser? Not yet. Its problems need to be resolved by Google before it can be commonly used. Users might never encounter one third of

the 17 known issues, but the others do present some problems. As Google fixes these problems, Google Chrome will only get better; the only thing keeping me from making it my default browser is its inability to run Java content.

One day Google Chrome will be the default browser for users who recognize its functionality and quality. That day will not come until Google perfects its browser, but the Beta is formidable in its own right. All Web users should download Google Chrome to test it, and those who appreciate it should keep a copy installed for its upgrade to a fully functional version.

Google Chrome

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 301409468461230/k2311a0914/9.14.08