The Secret of Golf (DVD) David Blair  » Sport  »
  • Prior to Christmas last year I bought The Secret of Golf DVD by David Blair on the net(shop around)
  • Following (and constantly rewinding) the DVD, I regularly visited the driving range for the best part of two months

• by Ringsender

I am now 32. For the last 12 years I have been muntering up and down golf courses the length and breadth of the land and frankly things didn’t really get much better.

Oh don’t get me wrong, on occasions I managed to play quite well (got down to a handicap of 18 one glorious Summer) but within weeks I’d be back to my usual hacker status - shanks, hooks etc. You name it. Once things tightened up I was cooked.

I tried everything - lessons (just the mention of swing planes made me glaze over Homer style) Golf aids (David Leadbetter - shame on you.)

Frankly I’d had enough and my clubs were codemned to the study.

Prior to Christmas last year I bought The Secret of Golf DVD by David Blair on the net(shop around.) As I’d already chucked golf at around the same time, the DVD lay in its pristine wrapper for quite some time. Around February I was looking for something to play on my new laptop and decided to give it a lash.

First thing that hit me - it was in plain uncompromising English. No degree in astrophysics required. Blair is a no nonsense Scotsman who breaks everything down. Step by step the DVD builds up ...

• your swing from the bottom up. The Secret of Golf manages to dispel so many of the myths that permeate driving ranges up and down the country. You know that whole ‘grip the club like a tube of toothpaste thing’ Forget it.

Don’t get me wrong, only an idiot would think that their game will change in a week. Following (and constantly rewinding) the DVD, I regularly visited the driving range for the best part of two months. After that, things really began to really click. I played my first round of golf in April and hit the ball so well I almost

cried (still putted like a donkey though.)Haven’t looked back since.

This DVD is one of the best products I’ve ever bought. Constant reviews have brought constant improvements. No - you won’t play like Tiger Woods in just a week but you will develop a swing that won’t let you down under pressure. Actually aiming for areas of the green rather than just the green is an utter joy.

Rereading this I realise I sound like I have shares in the company but I don’t care. If just one person heeds my advice and sorts their game out my debt to the golf gods is sorted.

Remarkable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 351409468441130/k2311a0914/9.14.08