Bettas ( Siamese Fighting Fish)  » Pets  »
2.5
  • One of the things that I don't like is that Bettas tend to move slow and the tend to bully any fish that they can bully

• by Michael Stephen

I have kept Bettas. They are very interesting fish.

These fish are beautiful and smart.

I have not , however, kept many of these fish as they tend to be loners.

I feel kind of sorry for these fish also as they tend to be kept isolated in their own habitat.

I can

say though that these are very tough fish.

When I first started keeping fish in the early 80’s, I made the mistake of leaving for school with the heater on in my aquarium.

When I returned from school, the 5 gallon aquarium that I had was extremely warm, most of the fish I had were floating at ...

• the top of the aquarium.

There were only two fish that survived: an armored catfish and my betta.

I was really impressed with that.

One of the things that I don’t like is that Bettas tend to move slow and the tend to bully any fish that they can bully.

When other

fish do fight back and chase them then they retreat into a corner with shredded fins which is not a pretty sight.

I have never had great success with Bettas probably because they are so low maintanance and tend to fare badly in a community tank.

Other than that their slow way of living is not entertaining to me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291409468351130/k2311a0914/9.14.08