Proctor Silex Blender 57171  » Electronics  »
  • Having tried a few other blenders before, I love the fact that this one offers 7-speed

• by lipsticknladdles

The heat of summer made me and my husband crave for fruit smoothies. So we decided to get a blender. We went to walmart and purchased a Proctor Silex Blender 57171.

It is pretty cheap, costing less than $30. Having tried a few other blenders before, I love the fact that this one offers 7-speed.

I also like the the 48-ounce plastic jar, meaning even if its filled, it will still be light-weighted not like

blenders with glass jars. We also love the lid that covers the jar.

It can act as a strainer and it also have a hole on top, covered by a 2 ounce removable cap. I don’t need to remove the entire lid when I need to add milk or sugar to the smoothie.

I just take off the cap, use it as a measuring device,pour the milk on the hole, cover back and blend!The ...

• buttons in the base part of the blenders are easy to push and easy to clean as well. I can say that its indeed a well-rounded blender.

I was amazed at how easy I can make fruit smoothies out of this blender. Not only that, I am still discovering more ways to use it from making frozen margaritas, turning cube ice to crushed ice in seconds to pureeing vegetables turning them

into soups.

I can say that this thing wont work with dry ingredients well. I have tried it with fining up some peanuts but it just doesn’t work.

Generally speaking, I can say that this is a durable, easy to clean, reliable blender suitable for several purposes. But the only complaint I have is that it is pretty loud.

It is tolerable though and most blenders are that loud. I would recommend this product to others.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161409468301130/k2311a0914/9.14.08