IKEA Expedit Shelf  » Furniture  »
  • My husband and I bought this shelf over a year and a half ago when we found we desperately needing shelving for our growing collections of books
  • I would recommend a strong friend (and a good sized car
  • I've heard a lot of people bashing IKEA furntiture, but in my experience, this is one the best things they make

• by Whitnwy

My husband and I bought this shelf over a year and a half ago when we found we desperately needing shelving for our growing collections of books.

This is the shelf we bought: http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40047675

The shelf comes in two heavy flat packages. I would recommend a strong friend (and a good sized car!) to help you purchase this. It took both of us to

put it together as one person has to hold the sides while hammering in pegs that are the shelves. It took some grunt work, but we got it together just fine. We did nick it in a few places, but that was our clumsiness with the hammer.

The directions recommend that you anchor it to the wall, but we found that completely unnecessary.

• Once we put books it in, it was very heavy. I even have a young son and am not worried about toppling it at all!

The shelf holds plenty of books, boxes, and DVDs. Because the compartments are square, you can stack things pretty high. I keep a basket of blankets piled in one and it works great. I really appreciate how the

shelf is white (like our walls) so the books really stand out. Of course, you can get different colors, but since we love books, it worked out for us.

We have moved with this shelf three times and it’s still in perfect condition. I’ve heard a lot of people bashing IKEA furntiture, but in my experience, this is one the best things they make.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 571209467940630/k2311a0912/9.12.08