PanOxyl Bar 10% Benzoyl Peroxide For Acne  » Medicine  »
  • I bought a cream at the store with 10% benzoyl peroxide but I had to go through taking a shower or bath and than put it on to make sure it worked properly
  • I had acne all over my face, back,shoulders,and chest and was greatly relieved that I found something that was not so time consuming and worked
  • I would recommend just useing this Acne Soap on the upper body as it can irratate your skin when rubbed on the lower body over time
  • If you take this precautions you can avoid these side effects

• by Michael Marshall

I had really bad acne problems for a long time and tried various products from stores and almost was going to give up and try something more expensive like proactive. The round pads that you rub on your face basicly did nothing to help my acne. I bought a cream at the store with 10% benzoyl peroxide but I had to go through taking a shower or bath and than put it on to make sure it worked properly. I got tired of

it because I had to do this routine 2 times a day just to get it to work so I still felt like I was wasteing too much time during the day. I was too tired to do this every single day because I was too busy which resulted in me getting acne for not being consistent. I saw a bar soap in the store with 10% benzoyl peroxide called PanOxyl Bar and thought it was worth a try since I could just use it while showering or taking a bath in the place of regular soap. After about 3 days my acne was just about clear altogether. I had acne all over my face, back,shoulders,and chest and was greatly relieved that I found something that was not so time consuming and worked. PanOxyl Bar is much cheaper than what I could have bought which was going to be Proactive. Its around $7 dollars but for my acne condition this was very affordable and well worth ...

• PanOxyl Bar 10% Benzoyl Peroxide For Acne
      it. The Acne Soap can dry your skin. I would recommend just useing this Acne Soap on the upper body as it can irratate your skin when rubbed on the lower body over time. Also to avoid getting cracked lips or hands I recommend rubbing vasoline on your hands and lip area before useing it. If you where contacts I also recommend taking them out while useing this to avoid dry eyes. If you take this precautions you can avoid these side effects.
      I would recommend anybody giving this Acne Product a try if they have not tried it and are resorting to buying a more expensive Acne Product. My acne is in such good control now I don’t even have to use this product every day. I only have to use it once a day if needed now.

Pros: Very Affordable for me since I had severe acne

Saved me from buying a more expensive product

Cons: If not taking the precautions I mentioned above you can get dry skin and eye irratation

vy nguyen says :

when using this product, do you have to continue to use it after your acne as gone away? or is it like the other counter top products where you have to keep continuing to use the product because once you stop your acne will get worse?

Galega says :

If the acne is gone, you can discontinue using it.

If your doctor has prescribed this medicine, you can continue it for the duration he had prescribed.

Ideally, there is no point in using a medicine when the symptom is already gone.

Michael replies :

Hi vy nguyen, The main thing to do when using PanOxyl is to use it daily when you first get it to get rid of acne. Once the acne gos away you can then limit using it to every other day or every 3 days. You don`t want to continue using it daily on acne prone areas after your acne goes away as the product will make your skin feel overly dry. However, if your acne is bad enough then yes you can continue to use it daily on acne prone areas. It just really depends on how bad your acne is.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261209467790630/k2311a0912/9.12.08