Press Your Luck Interactive DVD Game  » Games  »
2.5
  • My biggest complaint is the game isn't as convenient to use as you would think it is
  • That slows the pace of the game down too much for my taste and I think it would be better if they just showed the scores in the corner or something

• by Steve

We bought the Press Your Luck Interactive DVD Game a few months ago, figuring it would give us something to do as a family when we are bored. While we do find it somewhat entertaining, however, we also have a few things about the game that none of us like.

The game allows up to four people to play the popular game show in the convenience of their own living room

using just your normal DVD remote.

It’s a nice combination of trivia questions and the opportunity to win cash at random while risking the chance of losing everything.

My biggest complaint is the game isn’t as convenient to use as you would think it is.

The trivia part of the game is awkward at best as is the whole press your luck round.

One of the things that annoys me the most is the fact, after every spin on their wheel, you have the game take 20-30 seconds to show you how much money you have before moving on to the choice of whether to spin or pass.

That slows the pace of the game down too much for my taste and I think it would be better if they just showed the scores in the corner or something.

Three rounds on ...

• Press Your Luck Interactive DVD Game
      the game is also too much.

Because of the slow pace, two rounds seems to take forever and you would think you are done and then they add another round and you find yourself getting very bored with it.

My daughter usually can get through about a round and a half before she’s ready to quit.

One other change I would make to the game is the fact you have to

have at least two people playing.

It would be great if they had a computer player to compete against you in case you wanted to play but didn’t have another family member present.

Because we rarely get time to play games like this as a family, that last part means the game sits on the shelf more than it’s played.

Overall, it’s an OK game but they could make a few changes to it to make it much better.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 281109467590230/k2311a0911/9.11.08