Extreme Homemaker home edition  » TV  »
  • I love watching at the end when the people see their finished house
  • I think it is a great show and I hope that it is on for years and years to come
  • I watch the show because it is interesting and fun to watch
  • Almost everyone that I know watches this show and enjoys watching it also
  • In one of my high school classes when we would have nothing to do that day the teacher would bring in a copy of this show and everyone in the class enjoyed watching it

• by Brooke

I really like this show because it is inspiring. They remake people homes over. It’s exciting to watch as well as inspiring. I love watching at the end when the people see their finished house.

Most of the time there is either something wrong with the house, it isn’t big enough, holes in it,

or something different. Ty pennington and his crew make the house better and bigger. Some times they even make the house different to suit the peoples needs. For instance if someone in the family has a disability the crew will make the house suitable to that person.

I think it is a great show ...

• and I hope that it is on for years and years to come. I think that it really shows you what can be accomplished if you really try and have what you need to help other people out. I watch the show because it is interesting and fun to watch. I will occasionally miss
        it but I try to watch it quite often.

Almost everyone that I know watches this show and enjoys watching it also. In one of my high school classes when we would have nothing to do that day the teacher would bring in a copy of this show and everyone in the class enjoyed watching it.

patrece says :

How can you sumit a request for a family? What are the requirements? Is a single person eligible?

Michael McDowell says :

The application instructions are on the ABC web site.

amber smith says :

I would like to know how to apply for the chanc eto have the wonderful tem of extreme homemaker edition to come to north platte nebraska for a family whose house had recently went into flames right before the holidays and maybe get some helpfutips on the very much needed repairs to my extremely old home with mold growing in the walls and a foundation that is cracking and also how to just basically fix it so it is safe for my family i have five kids and two adults i work and go to college and dad works on the road and is gone a bit of the time. But as i said my main concern is for the family whos house had just recently burned down and they do have children and this is a horrible thing to happen for them during the holiday season if i coukd afford it i would fix up my own house and give it to them and start all over myself please contact me i would appreciate it very much and i think that god has put you wonderful people on this earth for this purpose because you not only touch the lives of the people you help but also all of the viewers like me who get the sense of the lords work being done through you as i watch the show on tv thank you i love you all and god will bless you just as you have others you are wonderful

Gina Sarantoulias says :

My mom is on SSD and she bought this old 2 bedroom plank house over 100 yrs. old so my children would have a place to call home, she put all the money she had into it. We live in the Allegheny Mountains and the house is so cold,you have to wear socks and slippers and you can still feel the cold coming up from the floor. We have a very old box heater in the living-room and none upstairs and it`s freezing up there in the winter, every now and again we can smell gas. We have the old windows that are falling apart, If you are lucky to get one open then you need a stick to keep it up . My daughter and I share a room, my son has a very very small room off the side of my room, and my mom sleeps down stairs in this side room with no doors and no privacy. The roof in the laundry room leaks and has mold growing from the celing, it`s on the side walls even on the door in there, my sons room has some mold growing from the wood on his windows, moms den has it growing in the coner,we keep trying to clean it up,but it comes right back. My daughter`s pre-school gave us this lead detection screening kit to see if we had any lead in the house.well they sent me back a letter stating we have a small percentage of lead and said its still harmfull to everyone. my son has athsma, my mom has bronchitis and our noses are always stuffy. We have asked for help but there is a two year waiting list for any kind of assistance. Our house is unstable and literally leans to the left. If you can please get back to us and maybe you could help us in the right direction. Thank you. Gina.

Dan Lambert says :

Im wondering how to sumit a reguest for a family?

Erica says :

You have to go on the ABC website and fill out a mail-in application. You also have to include pictures and videos of the home and family. You also have to make sure your story is interesting and television worthy. You may need a home, but they need to make ratings. They are looking for large families who are giving back to their community despite not having much themselves.

Dan Lambert says :

Are Canadians eligible?

John says :

No, I’m not sure how old the question is but the program was canceled in 2011.

Dr. Anita Harris says :

yes, do they build in unusual situations. My trailor gotten old and broke down on my cleared land only the botton is left, I am a grandmother taking care of 3 special needs children having to rent out houses, I need a home built to suit me and them, especially the oldest needs to be in a secluded area off from the hwy, to many extractions were we live at now, he ran out of the house Sunday past and almost gotten hit by cars on the opposite side of the hwy, we were trying to chase him down in the car, so happen to men on motorcycles came by and one ran and got him, he is now in the mental hospital in Franklin, Tn, I watch this show all the time, and I wondered if they could do something different, this is a crisis and a different situation. Grandmother in need of a home built, they have to have their own rooms, I am a PhD doctor, and have not been able to work in a year, I am in deperate need of help, my credit score is 527, you have to have a 620 to get a loan.

sharon laird says :

Please, anyone…..I need to contact the party responsible for helping others with the use of this show. My sister has MS severly and is really in a bad way, Her house is falling down around her, literally, She stays very ill due to the mold and mildew in her house. She is to sick to do much of anything and also lives on a fixed income…Please, she needs your help.. Thank you, Sharon Laird. 757 934-9669

klaas says :

Thank goodness that there is still people that cares. I live in south africa and just need to mention that i cry after almost every episode of this amazing programme. I wish that i could be a part of your team or at least make some kind of contribution. I dont have money couse i am a nursing student , maybe that is why your programme touches me on so many levels. I can offer me and my partners Holiday home near cape town if you need to send someone on holiday. I know it sounds quite silly we sit on the other side of the world in a different time zone, however please use our hospitality invitation, we really also like making differences in the lifes of the underprivileged. it is almost three o`clock on christmas morning and am watching the programme now. God Bless and a merry christmas KlAAS

Bev Mercer says :

I was wondering if you are able to apply to be eligible for this? What are the requirements as we are could loose our home if not in compliance by end of May, 2012. We just received the letter that there will be no extentions. My husband had a massive heart attack requiring a triple by-pass, My 13 yr. old daughter just had her 11th surgery in Nov. 2011, and I have battled breast cancer. This medical does not include all my husbands hip surgeries. We just dont have the funds to do what we need to do. I look forward to hearing back from you or if theres any other programs out there available to help families? we live in Minnesota and cant find one program that will help us.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101109467270230/k2311a0911/9.11.08