The seat of the soul  » Books  »
1.5
  • This book is written in an interesting manner
  • Therefore, I cannot recommend this book to anyone and I rate this book only 3 out of 10 points

• by Francis

‘The seat of the soul’ is a book written by Gary Zukav. In this book, the author covers many isues such as soul, reincarnation, law and effect, regarding souls of animals and birds, spirit guides and teachers, angels etc.. Now, this book is written in a manner of fantasy. It does not seem to me that the author has made any study regarding all this. I do not understand how much to believe in his book. There are quite a good number of

inconsistencies in this book. The author speaks about the universe as impersonal. But later in the same book, he also says that the universe is planned divinely. Some divine designer is there who must have created the universe. So, the book is not consistent.

He also says that no human being would be able to speak about angels because angels are beyond human beings. It is not possible for human beings to speak about angels. But then, he has written a chapter about angels.

• In this chapter, he has explained many things about angels. I found this very odd. On the one hand, you say nothing can be said about angels and on the other hand, you write so many things about angels. So, this book is not based on any research or study. I strongly feel that the author has been writing his own fancy tale.

The author says that good qualities of human beings like love, compassion, tolerance are those of the soul whereas the

bad qualities like anger, sorrow, fear, disloyalty, cruelty are qualities of ego. And he has not explained this clearly.

This book is written in an interesting manner. But I could not find anything of value in it. And I do not think that anybody can believe what this author is saying because there are good number of inconsistencies in the book. Naturally, I was confused. Therefore, I cannot recommend this book to anyone and I rate this book only 3 out of 10 points.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171109467010130/k2311a0911/9.11.08