AirTran Airlines  » Airlines  »
  • They also had the best price for my travel needs

• by Ellen11

I recently flew on a connecting flight from San Francisco to Atlanta and from Atlant to Philadelphia on Airtran Airways. I selected them because they don’t charge a check in bag fee which is hard to find these days.

They also had the best price for my travel needs.

I was pleasantly surprised when everything went as planned.

We left on time, arrived on time

(even a little early at one stop), and everyone was polite.

The seats on the airplane were comfortable (three to a row), and they even still give you a drink and a small snack (we had pretzels and peanuts) during the flight.

The only thing I wasn’t happy about was the fact that it was WAY too cold, and that they weren’t strict enough about ...

• carry on bag requirements.

When my husband, my father, and I were all comfortably seated with our carry on bags put away above us, a guy came along that had a seat in the way back of the plane.

His carry on bag was so large that it wouldn’t fit anywhere.

He ended up having to put it in our compartment, which pushed our luggage

behind his…which meant that we had to wait for him to get his out before we had access to ours once the plane landed.

The airline crew never said that he shouldn’t have boarded with such a large bag.

I just didn’t think that was fair to those that packed lightly as instructed to.

I would fly with them again, though.

Anything to avoid fees for luggage!

AirTran Airlines

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2008. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 401109466750130/k2311a0911/9.11.08